Guild Education's Corporate Strategy team is growing. We have 3 open roles; Corporate Development Manager, Corporate Development Director & Corporate Development Principal. There's no need to apply to multiple Corporate Strategy roles as you will be reviewed against all three openings. You will be dynamically placed into the appropriate level based on the type of experience you possess and through the course of the interview process.
The Corporate Strategy Principal will act as a partner across various initiatives and will be tasked with orchestrating projects that expand Guild’s strategic remit and scope. Guild’s Corporate Strategy Team acts as the hub for market insights and build, buy, partner decisions across the organization with the purpose of accelerating our growth, cementing our position as a category leader, and helping to craft the Guild Ecosystem through partnership, acquisition, and market expansion.Responsibilities include:
- Conduct deep discovery work on potential new markets and prospective Guild Ecosystem partnerships
- Orchestrate projects, answering questions of cross-marketplace strategy and Guild driven positioning
- In partnership with Finance, design and execute upon Guild’s inorganic growth roadmap, including support on all diligence processes (e.g., building financial models, writing investment memos, etc.)
- Develop relationships with the most innovative organizations across the Future of Work landscape
- Drive partnership activation efforts, operationalizing strategic value levers from newly formed partnerships
- Serve as a subject matter authority on Guild’s ever changing landscape, providing business leaders across the organization with a snapshot of Guild’s driven threats
- Energized to tackle sophisticated problems
- Strong confidence in your ability to rapidly teach new things
- Not daunted by the unfamiliar and possess a driven growth demeanor
- Strong analytical, research skills and ability to conduct in-depth research and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Slides and operationally-minded
- Experience crafting and implementing well-functioning processes
- Deeply organized with a knack for driving cross-functional collaboration
- Strong grasp of financial concepts and conducting financial analysis
- Deep understanding of the business drivers and metrics of a high-growth venture backed company
- A bias towards action and thrive in ambiguity and proactive by default
- Capable of prioritizing multiple ambitious priorities
- Skilled communicator capable of owning relationships with senior external partners
- Comfortable driving internal, cross-functional collaboration
- Strong solid understanding of the education and future of work spaces
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $180,000-$202,500 and bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- We offer education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth