Will develop and implement customer data management efforts, primarily supporting data quality initiatives to drive accuracy, consistency, and completeness of enriched data within the Content database.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Performs data analysis based on defined procedures relative to Medical Surgical devices and supplies to ensure data quality for the GHX customer base
- Supports customer implementation efforts
- Performs ad hoc queries on multiple large data sets to identify data issues and initiate corrective action
- Propose solutions that will drive system processes and efficiencies
- Manages the planning and development of design and procedures for metrics reporting
- Contributes to the development of standards, processes, and procedures that support Content Operations goals and objectives
- Works closely with Product Management and Development teams providing timely feedback for requirements supporting Operational needs
- Coordinates and facilitates professional relationships with internal and external subject matter experts to serve as provider/supplier advocate in relation to medical product data quality.
- Intermediate or higher level SQL experience for data querying and analysis
- Experience in writing regular expressions.
- Experience working with large datasets and strong analytical skills to assess and implement changes based on findings
- High degree of proficiency in MS Access and Excel
- Strong analytical skills in interpreting various data sets
- Medical product and terminology knowledge preferred
- Supply chain knowledge preferred
- Project management skills preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems, preferably in a healthcare-related discipline
- Minimum 2+ years experience in Data Quality Assurance, Data Management, Healthcare supply chain or related field.
Estimated Salary range for this position: $60,585 - $77,500
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX’s salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/
GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.