Business Intelligence Reporting Developer at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie’s List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
The Team and Role
HomeAdvisor is looking for Business Intelligence Reporting Developer to play a key role on the BI Reporting team. The successful candidate will developer and maintain strong relationships with teammates while delivering high quality solutions to our internal customers. This role requires both tight team collaboration and the ability to work on some components of a project independently.
We work closely with the executive team and business units to develop, execute, monitor, and refine key initiatives. With this role, you'll elevate into a strategic position that will support our product teams, primarily focusing on reporting and informing decision makers to achieve high product satisfaction. The successful candidate will need strong SQL, data presentation, and Excel skills to quickly and accurately wrangle raw data into easily digestible and actionable information. A strong business acumen will serve you well as you actively participate in product development discussions which don’t always result in reporting/data needs. This is not a “take orders" environment – you are here for your passion and input about improving HomeAdvisor.
- 2 + years in a Business Intelligence role
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills
- Strong, demonstratable SQL and data profiling
- Understanding and desire to primary work within Enterprise BI tools (Oracle Analytics, Looker, Tableau, etc.) with a strong focus on building out the semantic layer, and using it in all reports
- Knowledge of core data warehouse concepts
- Enterprise dashboard development with a keen eye for design
- Passion for innovation, analytics and solving new challenges every day
- Hunger for learning, self-starter
- Experience synthesizing information from numerous sources, working with incomplete data, and presenting concise analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously