Business Intelligence Analyst at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is building a world-class finance team to support its mission of restoring supersonic commercial flight. We are looking for a BI Analyst to join our growing team. As part of the Finance team, you will use data to inform business decisions. In this role, you will have the opportunity to incubate data solutions at scale by partnering with teams across different verticals to drive process efficiency and performance management insights to key stakeholders.
Using your technical skills, business acumen and creativity, you'll build automated data solutions that provide strategic insights. As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will combine these skills to organize data and enable insights. You will provide training and support to team members and partners. You'll also propose and execute solutions for data transparency so everyone is operating with a single source of truth.
Working in a startup environment means taking on unexpected responsibilities and attempting tasks that no one in the company knows how to do. The successful candidate has a resourceful, can-do approach to these demands and enjoys the continuous learning curve of a startup.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, other technical degree, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with building data infrastructure (e.g., designing architecture, building data pipelines, implementing scalable monitoring) and implementing reporting solutions
- Experience in programming and SQL
- Ability to partner closely with the Finance teams, understand their data needs and build plans to address those with intelligent data solutions in a timely and sustainable fashion
- Deliver data solutions that tell a story and provide insights to the users, enabling them to make better decisions and complete their responsibilities more efficiently
- Own release schedules and milestones along all stages of a project’s life cycle, coordinating across multiple teams at Boom to ensure delivery of best data products/solutions
- Maintain highest levels of development practices including: technical design, solution development, systems configuration, testing documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution, and writing clean, modular and self-sustaining code
- Ensure the integrity of data under the purview of the projects, including establishing security procedures to protect and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and data security
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline
- Experience working on teams that manage large scale data projects. Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Visualization expertise in tools like Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc.
- Conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and data architecture knowledge
- Salary Range for this position is $60-$110 an hour and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description