Business Intelligence Analyst at Granicus LLC (Greater Denver Area, CO)
As a company, Granicus helps empower some of the most creative people in the world who innovate within complex public sector organizations to make policies more effective and to transform the citizen experience so that everything from road closures to fostering programs are better understood. Come see the impactful work we've done on communities across the country (and world!): https://granicus.com/success-stories/
Granicus is seeking a highly skilled and entrepreneurial analyst to join our Business Intelligence Team. As a BI Analyst, you understand both the art and the science of data-informed process improvement and you are driven to invent new ways to use data in a high-growth technology company. You thrive when you are encouraged to move fluidly between presenting complex analyses to nontechnical audiences and exploring brand new data sets to find meaning.
We are dissatisfied with traditional data analysis environments and lobbing dashboards over the wall to unengaged audiences. Instead, we seek out opportunities to partner closely with our stakeholders in order to create and implement projects that transform how we serve our clients. In order to remain agile, we build or leverage tools that enable us to rapidly synthesize datasets, refine analyses, and produce customer-quality summaries. We strive to create processes that realize value as quickly as possible while ensuring repeatability, accuracy, and scalability.
Granicus is a remote first company. While we have virtual teams, you have the option for in-office work should you be located near one of our hubs.What You'll Do:
- Consult with technical and nontechnical teams across the company to identify business opportunities and build processes and/or tools to make them a reality
- Extract and analyze data from heterogenous data sources (e.g. SQL, NoSQL, APIs, logs)
- Employ qualitative and quantitative methods to uncover insight and drive business strategy
- Build and scale infrastructure to support analysis and analytics in a SaaS environment
- Be a tireless advocate for leveraging data internally and externally to help customers achieve their goals and grow the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive consensus among cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience with the three Vs of big data: Volume, Velocity, and Variety
- Passion for developing and championing performance metrics and dashboards that enlighten and drive action
- Broad knowledge of statistical and data analysis methodologies
- Intermediate level SQL skills with ability to create and truncate tables and write and optimize SQL queries in both Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Ability to write, monitor and troubleshoot ETL processes and push/pull data from a variety of sources
- Experience using R or Python to ingest data, analyze, and produce results focused on a business problem
- Past experience as Tableau Administrator (or other data visualization tool) a plus, managing user licenses and permissions, server upgrades and patching, and creating and publishing Tableau workbooks
- Other preferred technical skills: comfort with unix command line and using git to manage code
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, visual) and the ability to convey complex concepts in clear business terms
- Knowledge of marketing, operational, and/or financial analytics preferred
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about working with the field, effective at building relationships and achieving stakeholder buy-in and has the ability to assimilate large amounts of complex information and make it simple and actionable. They are a tenacious, confident and self-motivated individual with an orientation to achieving results. They are also highly analytical, data driven and numerate with a desire to build repeatable and scalable processes that enable growth. They are comfortable working under pressure with tight deadlines as the decision maker and the program leader.
Come learn more about working at Granicus on our website: https://granicus.com/careers/
Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
*starting rate may vary by experience and/or location