Business Analyst at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking a business analyst to join our dynamic Sales & Care Analytics team. The ideal candidate is a motivated individual with a desire to make an impact on our growing company.
About the team:
The Sales & Care analytics team provides insights and helps optimize strategy by working closely with leadership in our sales and customer care organizations. Our business is a two-sided marketplace of homeowners and service professionals, which makes our jobs complex and data rich. We work daily with sales and customer care leadership teams to develop, execute, monitor, and refine initiatives that drive value and quantify that value as it pertains to financial performance. Due to the multifaceted nature of our business, our team provides an excellent environment to stretch your business acumen, technical know-how and quantitative skills while providing insight to the company.
Additionally, this team will help support our Category Management team that focuses on improving the pro and consumer experience for specific home services categories. This involves surfacing metrics, providing insights and identifying opportunities that align with their category goals.
What will you do?
- Be a valuable partner to the sales and operations leadership, providing data-driven insight and analysis.
- Work with category owners to improve P&L economics and uncover transformational opportunities
- Learn the complex HA ecosystem and be the subject matter expert on all data and objectives relating to the team you support.
- Synthesize large data sets into digestible information.
- Establish reporting and ongoing monitoring to ensure proper strategic execution.
- Pursue new approaches to solving problems with creativity and innovation.
- Develop your technical skills – particularly in SQL, Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
What qualities are we looking for?
- Intellectual curiosity balanced with an orientation for getting stuff done
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical field such as Business Analytics, Engineering, Finance, Economics, etc.
- 2+ years of professional experience in a financial/business analysis role
- Advanced SQL experience and knowledge of relational databases, Tableau or Adobe Analytics experience a plus.
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills; experience synthesizing data into information, and presenting concise analyses
- Strong grasp of statistics and ideally some experience with statistical software (R, Python, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and willingness to quickly pivot into new tasks as needed