Business Analyst, Settlements & Commissions at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
High-level job responsibilities:
This role will work to translate business requirements into system requirements and ensure that the system is functioning properly to manage the Settlements and Commissions processes and platforms. The role will be cross functional, working with the business to flush out technical requirements and working with the vendor to drive the system enhancement details and changes. Additionally, the role will coordinate any data requirements and functionality with the system architects. Finally, the role will lead coordination of the testing of the implementation in the system to ensure accuracy of the deployment. The analyst will therefore need to be able to seamlessly collaborate cross-functionally, have an entrepreneurial mindset, strong communication skills, as well as excellent critical thinking skills.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Utilize analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources (product owners/business owners etc).
- Take high-level abstract data and dissect it into comprehensible information to create a general understanding.
- Create analysis documentation for product teams and executives.
- Extract and analyze data to ensure system is meeting functional design requirements
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders, product owners and team members to analyze information needs.
- Identify opportunities for improving existing processes and ability to implement said changes.
- Be self-motivated, take initiative, and work autonomously.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
BA/BS in a business or a technical discipline (information systems, engineering, computer science, finance, accounting); and/or equivalent experience. Possess a highly motivated can-do-attitude. Proven track record building strong relationships. Proven ability to learn quickly, adapt to frequently changing circumstances and take the ball and run with it.
- 5+ years' experience demonstrating strong analytical skills and understanding of how business requirements translate into technology solutions
- Experience creating targeted analysis documentation, story maps, sample flows and charts or other technical docs to support system requirements
- Ability to see and document process flows and user journeys at a macro level, and delving into the details that matter
- Ability to document requirement gaps in such a manner that they can be fulfilled by a technical team
- Wireless/Telecom background preferable
- Experience with settlements or commissions systems or analysis a plus
Compensation: $91,800.00/Year - $124,200.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.