Business Analyst Senior at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives and needs of the general business environment for appropriate FIS segment, division, group or line of business.
• Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
• Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
• Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
• Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
• Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/return on investment.
• Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
• Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics and identifies improvement opportunities.
• May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
• May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
• May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of FIS’ products and services
• Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate FIS organization
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratios
• Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
• Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies, e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple analytical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior business systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated business analysis experience with at least one project as the business analyst lead on a “large” project, i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than 4 months.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$66,740 - 108,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.