Business Analyst II at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
A Business Analyst II is responsible for learning and understanding their customer's environment, including business rules, business workflow, business roles, and hands-on knowledge of Contact Center applications, and must assess and properly escalate issues and errors occurring in applications used within the Contact Center. A BA II must also participate in efforts to communicate with other groups within the company to understand the projects, changes and releases involving these applications, and communicate this information to their site and to others in IT. In addition to BA responsibilities, they must also either know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures related to computer hardware support in an enterprise environment to support outsourced call centers and local site BAs.
Primary skills and responsibilities:
- Comfortable with communicating to individuals by phone, email, messages, and on a technical conference bridge to understand business processes, application issues and errors, or solve technical problems
- Demonstrates active listening skills, with ability to quickly comprehend business processes
- Strong Leadership ability rooted in influencing and developing cooperation amongst DISH 3rd Party vendors to engage and support Dish priorities
- Acts quickly in Enterprise-wide outages and situations so the company can resume normal operations as soon as possible. Acts as Primary POC from Outsourced Call Center IT on occasional Sev 1 and 2 bridges, which involves gathering feedback from other centers and verbalizing this on a bridge
- Creates documentation for improved processes, new processes, fixes, and general information for the team and enterprise
- Prepares for and participates in release support activities by assessing issues at their Outsourced Call Center sites and reporting them per established processes
- Helps to develop and refine processes related to supporting releases and go-live activities
- Some knowledge and continues to develop knowledge of applications and associated business processes in use by agents and other groups within the contact center
- Able to maintain a strategic viewpoint even while being able to focus on details, in order to communicate issues, impacts, and urgency
- Able to lead a meeting or facilitate a round table, while also taking detailed notes
- Able to communicate with other groups within the company to understand the projects, changes and releases involving applications
- Able to lead small efforts within Field IT or participate in enterprise projects, and develop solid plans to address Field IT's part of the project
- Able to assist end-users with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software
- Excels in time management, task prioritization, including daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Work with teams to troubleshoot routing and computer issues while providing great customer service . Determine, identify and troubleshoot basic technical problems relating to software, Vendor Management, or System Administrator.
- Participate in Outsourced Call Center IT on call rotation
- Perform Onsite and Virtual Site Visits
- International travel 0 - 10%
- Contributes to the overall operations of a company by writing and distributing memos about best practices for computer use
- Able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances, new standards, and requests by company management
- Performs various duties depending on circumstances and current company needs
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- 3 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic; a team player who has the ability to work effectively with all levels of company personnel
- Strong troubleshooting skills to include analyzing error reports and elevating to advanced fix teams as needed with minimal to no supervision
- Knowledge of current Windows 10, Google G-Suite, Windows Active Directory, MS Office and other web-based CRM applications
- Ability to lead meetings and present information to others in the meeting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter and are listed to show what may be necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of hands, sit and/or stand continuously for extended periods of time; and reach with hands and arms, bend, move, or crawl into small spaces
- Depending on the team, occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
Compensation: $79,900.00/Year - $108,100.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.