Looking for a start-up feel with an established company? Westerra has been around 86 years and is excited to be focused on building a more robust digital platform. We are looking for people who are creative, out-of-the-box thinkers, who are ready to role up their sleeves and help us move forward with this challenge!
This role plans, designs, develops, and maintains Business Intelligence (BI) architectures that build upon the data warehouse foundation enhancing the Westerra enterprise-wide analytical and reporting capabilities. This individual will have hands-on ownership of full life-cycle development, production support and performance tuning of the enterprise-wide data warehouse ensuring data solutions are properly scoped, designed, implemented, tested, and maintained to meet ever changing business needs.
- Provides data to the enterprise that is accurate, consistent, reliable, and delivered in an easily accessible format.
- Responsible for the architecture for the data warehouse platform & cognitive components including unstructured data technologies, annotation and related data and analytics (i.e. big data, data warehouse, business intelligence, data governance, data integration, enterprise information management, master data management and/or data consolidation projects).
- Possesses strong business analysis, planning, monitoring, requirement management, communication skills and related knowledge.
- Has the ability to work with multiple stakeholders such as business experts, technical SMEs, technology architects, security experts, DBAs, IT specialists, application developers and operations staff, to understand appropriate business strategies and objectives to ensure appropriate alignment of data warehouse solutions to be developed
- Participates in business and technical strategy meetings developing, proposing, and sharing ideas to develop data solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and present to executives and engineering teams understanding business goals as well as technical implications.
- Experience with ensuring data quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity.
- Experience presenting complex technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Provides technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
Education Experience and Certification:
- 15 years of progressive experience in delivering data work products in a range of technologies.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on database and SQL skills, tuning complex SQL queries and working with ETL tools.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in data warehousing, business intelligence, and other enterprise information management environments.
- Minimum 7 years of experience with dimensional data modeling and warehouse concepts.
- Minimum 5 years designing and implementing star/snowflake schemas & dimensional models and other data models.
- BS/BA or Advanced degree (preferred) in a relevant field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science or other Computational Science) (or equivalent years of related IT professional work experience).
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of enterprise data architecture principles to develop & govern various data architecture disciplines, roadmaps, and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to communicate complex technical solutions to diverse audience.
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning services, applications and operational environments with experience troubleshooting issues, understanding systems capacities, identifying bottlenecks, and adjusting memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks components.
- Strong understanding of data integration, source target mapping and business rules transformation in heterogeneous systems environment.
- A demonstrated ability to understand, define and analyze requirements, then develop technical estimates, for enterprise data solutions.
- Designing, building and enhancing dimensional models for fast dash-boarding and reporting
- Analytical platform and tuning (OLAP) experience; DBA skills.
- Experience working with modern databases (i.e. Snowflake).
- Experience with data science technologies (i.e. Python, R and other statistical packages).
- Experience developing and validating advanced analytical solutions and predictive models.
- Experience with Micro-services & Cloud Architectures including experience with Cloud native development, and related Information Architectures.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing the strategy, planning and administration for upgrading a Cloudera cluster working with on any of the Hadoop Distribution technologies (i.e. BigInsights / Hortonworks / Cloudera / MapR).
- Experience with the design, develop, monitoring, tuning and optimizing, governing large scale Hadoop/spark cluster and Hadoop components within in a 24*7 environment.
- Experience with platform administration activities on various Hadoop services (i.e. Yarn, RM, Zoo keeper, Cloudera manager etc.)
- Experience developing end-to-end Big data solutions covering data ingestion, data cleansing, ETL, data mart creation and exposing data for consumers.
- Experience with various Data Quality technologies (i.e. Informatica Master Data Management, IBM Infosphere QualityStage, SAS data management, Talend Data Quality).