Applied Scientist at CANVAS Technology
A part of Amazon's Robotics Artificial Intelligence, Canvas Technology is using spatial AI to provide end-to-end autonomous delivery of goods. By using state-of-the-art cameras and other sensors, the system perceives its surroundings with unrivaled vision and fidelity. The system combines a mix of high-performance sensors with simultaneous localization and mapping software that builds and continuously updates maps in real-time, completely automatically. It has the capability to ‘see’ and identify different objects, people, vehicles, and places as it moves and react to moving people and vehicles in an intelligent way.
We are seeking experienced Software Engineers and Applied Scientists to help guide and work with our team of motion planning scientists and engineers. In this role, you will be expected to help define a team direction for robot planning algorithms, object avoidance and congestion management strategies. This will include providing guidance on system architecture and algorithm selection or design. This is not solely a management role, you will be directly contributing to the implementation while you lead. A successful candidate will have strong technical ability, scientific vision, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You will be an integral part of the core robotics team and work with others to implement robot motion planning systems above and beyond the current state-of-the-art in the field.
If you are an experienced Engineer or Scientist, have a track record of delivering to timelines with high quality, are comfortable providing technical direction, have mentored and grown engineers and are deeply technical and innovative, we want to talk to you.
· MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
· 4+ years of research experience in machine learning, motion planning, computer vision, perception, path optimization, controls or a related field.
· 2+ years of software development experience.
· Strong algorithm development experience
· Hands-on architectural or system design experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· PhD and 1+ yrs of research experience in machine learning, motion planning, computer vision, perception, path optimization, controls or a related field.
· Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
· Track record delivering complex algorithms on embedded devices.
· Experience in robotics or autonomous vehicles and strong industry background.
· Understanding of machine learning techniques and how they can be applied to motion planning.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation /Age
#canvas #canvastech #canvastechnology