Applications Services Business Analyst
The Application Services team manages the development, operation, and maintenance of enterprise software solutions deployed within MSU Denver, including the enterprise resource planning system. Reporting to the Manager of Business Analysis, the BA team serves as our customer’s interface point for evaluating all software development and business processes. As a Business Analyst, you will capture client requirements, analyze data sources, scope development projects, and provide recommendations for future system and process enhancements.
90% Business Analysis
The core duties of this position will include senior-level business analysis activities in support of the Application Services team and product portfolio. Business Analysis responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Serve as the primary client-facing representative, interacting on a regular basis with University stakeholders to identify and document end user requirements and prepare user stories for development team members.
• Communicate requirements with team members and project status updates to requestors.
• Develop a deep understanding of business processes, documenting critical path items and serving as a customer advocate within the Application Services team.
• Develop work products (e.g. cost-benefit analyses, analyses of student outcomes, etc) that aid strategic decision-making
• Work with stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize requests.
• Schedule, coordinate and lead meetings, trainings and seminars.
• Create and deliver presentations for internal and external audiences
• Display deep intellectual curiosity, creativity, and commitment to learning in order to solve critical business problems.
• Provide a positive experience for our end-users, you will work with partners to evaluate and assign relevance to requests, confirm high-level requirements documentation, monitor deliverables and communicate on the status of your assigned projects. You will also collaborate with development team leadership on timeframes and resources needed, and will update relevant tasks in our departmental log.
10% Reporting and other support.
To support data requests in our campus community, you will identify opportunities for advanced report development and route these requests to the Enterprise Data Warehousing team for further analysis and fulfillment. Likewise, you may use existing reporting infrastructure to produce ad hoc and recurring reports on an as-needed basis. For all tasks, you’ll have the occasion to create and deliver presentation for various audience.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university*
• Previous business analysis experience
• Previous experience in an environment evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
• Experience analyzing, planning, and supporting successful projects
(*)Candidates who have not attained a four-year degree may substitute eight years’ professional experience.
• Master’s degree with graduate courses in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field
• Experience in a higher education environment
• Experience performing business analysis tasks within a technical environment
• Experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages
• Experience preparing SQL queries in a production database environment.
• 3+ years of experience in a complex business environment
• 1+ years of business analysis expertise