Analytics Engineer, Core Data at Ibotta
Ibotta is seeking an Analytics Engineer, Core Data to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This includes building the next iterations of the app, mobile, web, and extension experiences, new features driven by algorithms, and expert data engineering to enable the business to drive decisions using data.
As an Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for using the latest developments in data ETL, support strategy development, build state-of-the-art tools, and improve our future product developments. Data is considered a strategic asset here at Ibotta. In this role, you’ll be able to have a direct impact by making data available and reliable for the Decision Science team to provide advanced analytics, models, and analyses available to their business stakeholders.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Become an Ibotta Data Ninja, helping us organize and optimize our data for analysis
- Collaborating cross-functionally with Decision Scientists to aggregate and normalize datasets for analysis
- Partnering and collaborating with other data related teams, including engineering, data engineering, analytics engineering, and decision science, to represent data needs and best practices through the data development, validation, and managed process
- Proactively incorporating the knowledge of how Decision Science solutions meet end customer needs into data preparation design and decisions
- Identifying, validating, documenting, and testing events-based data for business utility in the data lake to help answer strategic questions
- Understanding business logic to help document, test, and maintain datasets
- Developing data sets with data quality principles in mind; creating standards and change management principles for events used in analytics workflows to ensure reliability
- Deploying and maintaining data sets using Airflow
- Building UI and automation tools to enable data democratization throughout the company
- Building automated altering and anomaly detection into data flow
- Ownership of multiple large projects end-to-end
- Managing new data requirements and developing solutions that minimize technical debt creation
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of practical work experience in a data engineering role supporting an analytics team or equivalent experience as an analytics engineer or BI developer
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics/mathematics/statistics/data science/computer science/economics
- In-depth experience with Airflow, building DAGs, and ETLing data
- An ability to develop solutions by applying data quality principles
- Proven experience with Python, Spark, and SQL/NoSQL data wrangling
- Ability to think creatively, provide thoughtful insights, and solve problems to answer business questions using data
- Collaboration with SMEs to understand the business context of the data
- Experience identifying and troubleshooting data anomalies and pipeline issues
- Ownership of data throughout its lifecycle
- Track record of successfully managing and updating cluster configurations to ensure workflow operation
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $100,000 - $135,000. This compensation range is specific to the state of Colorado's local labor market and may vary for employees living in other areas.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.