Ibotta is seeking an Analyst, CPG Analytics to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. This position will sit within the CPG Analytics Team and work cross functionally with the sales team to provide data and insights to our CPG clients based around shopper behaviors to enable better decision making across the organization. The Analyst will be accountable for querying the data to support custom post-campaign performance reports and case studies to create selling stories empowering the sales team to grow client relationships and revenue.
Ibotta captures billions of purchases annually, with over ten thousand brands and across hundreds of retailers, presenting the right candidate with the opportunity to work with one of the most comprehensive and unique (purchasing) data sets in the world.
This position is located in Denver, Colorado or with the option of full-time remote. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Leverage transaction receipt data to generate solutions for our CPG partners providing actionable insights about Ibotta’s users, campaign performance, and trends in the marketplace
- Create custom SQL queries to extract information from data sets and identify correlations and patterns in category and brand performance
- Conduct high quality ad-hoc analyses, consulting with internal sales teams to build compelling sell stories and evaluate options for strategic program execution
- Identify opportunities for report automation and contribute to the development of internal BI dashboards that will provide insights to better guide the sales team to drive sales
- Assist with developing PowerPoint presentations to build compelling sell stories and evaluate options for strategic program execution
- Collaborate with team members to create custom reporting solutions that drive client partnerships
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree a plus
- 1+ years of work experience coding in SQL
- Strong knowledge of best practices for query optimization
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret data with excellent attention to detail
- A solid understanding of data sources, data organization and storage
- Strong written and verbal skills. Ability to effectively present information to internal and external audiences
- Eagerness and curiosity to proactively sharpen both technical and business skills
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target, and Uber, we’ve delivered over $1B in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5,000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO or with the option of full-time remote and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity. Candidates must live in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
- Base compensation range: $60,000-$80,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- If living in the United States, applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.