Director of Cloud Virtualization at DISH (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an innovative and passionate candidate who can lead and expand team of strong individuals who think outside the box and challenge the norms of today's wireless network. As the leader of this group, you will be responsible for conceiving and delivering autonomous solution that are scalable but also adapt with future requirements of next gen network.
This position is an opportunity for a creative leader to devise innovative solutions that will propel DISH into the forefront of the next technological revolution using a data-driven approach. Successful candidate shall embrace the philosophy of touch once and automate the second time. You will work with various data platforms; make data driven decisions at every level of the network. You will help to create close-loop automation and change the definition of network efficiency.
- Lead the team of technologists to develop, enhance and deliver a disaggregated intent based network orchestration solution that is capable of creating millions of slices on demand.
- Drive the roadmap and be aligned with cross functional stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Domain Technology leaders such as RAN, Core, Networking, Data etc., gather requirements and drive a coordinated strategy for automation.
- Deliver the interfaces for integration, testing with various domains.
- Provide strategic direction for technical assessment, definition, prioritization, architecture, design and deployment of new products and services.
- Be responsible for creation of AI/ML models based on data and create closed loop decision matrix to improve network performance and improve SLA.
- Work with IT OSS teams to integrate with SOM, Federated Inventory.
- Deliver solution that not only works in hybrid cloud but also manages application and its LCM across hybrid multi cloud.
- Evaluate third-party and proprietary ML/DL models, approach, and architecture.
- Incorporate analytics in every decision; create platforms that can integrate with 3GPP and ORAN functions such as NWDAF, MDAF and RIC.
- Forecast, plan, research and select new technologies enabling company to attain business goals.
- Build and manage a focused internal team and competencies across the organization.
- Advise long-term strategy related to community engagement, distributed learning, and research and development.
- Engage and monitor the industry state-of-the-art and communicate relevant developments across the organization.
- Communicate the value and net impact of various models, approaches, and architectures in a technical and business context to stakeholders.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Master's degree in Math, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical degree
- At least 10 years of full-time experience in a Wireless CSP, Hyperscaler or Tier 1 Telco Vendor
- Experienced in working on AWS
- Deep understanding of ETSI- NFV, 3GPP and ORAN framework for network intelligence
- Shall be familiar with all but proficient at least in TM Forum, ETSI ZSM, ONAP, ITU-T FG-ML5G.
- Experience with standard ML tools such as Tensorflow, PyTorch etc. Had worked in developing, training, deploying, evaluating ML models
- Experience using Cloud Native tools such as Kubernetes and operating in agile DevOps teams with CI/CD workflows
- Strong knowledge and experience in developing RestAPIs
- Indepth knowledge of Kafka, Prometheus, ELK stack, and ETL techniques.
- Solid understanding of the implications of centralized versus distributed data and the performance impact on CPU, GPU, DPU compute hardware
- Proven experience managing teams of strong engineers, technologists and data scientists
- You should have a strong desire to learn new things and continually improve yourself and those around you with a "can do anything" mentality. You live to experiment, test, fail fast, and learn as you go. You take pride in solving complex data problems and do not settle for "the way it's always been done" or "good enough"
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills, you shall have ability to multitask and be creative in problem solving
Compensation: $165,000.00/Year - $225,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.