What you'll do at Markit Digital
The content strategist position is part of the design team at Markit Digital, one of the largest in the financial industry.
We are looking for a content strategist that is able to understand the user needs and business goals of our clients to create relevant, impactful and consistent content. The person will help set the guidelines for the tone and voice of content while creating a strategy which allows for consistency across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will have experience and passion for writing and editing related to investing, trading and personal wealth. Additionally, this ideal and passionate candidate will have experience working within the regulator constraints which impact financial institutions. And will be driven to collaborate with various team members within our organization and with external clients to effectively optimize the content used for online marketing, SEO and user testing.
Our work, and how we work affects the way our clients do business, how their users make important decisions and what finance means to the world. As individuals, we come from many backgrounds and perspectives. While some of us have finance experience, our larger belief is that new ideas come from learning, research, analytical thinking, questioning and translating what we know to new contexts. In our data-driven world, making the complex simple is a prime challenge. This is the core of what we do.
How you'll do it at Markit Digital
Have you ever thought about the typical user experience involved with trading on the stock market? Does the poor design of your banking app often leave you scratching your head? What if you could make it better? We’re in the business of making the financial world friendlier and we’re looking for energetic designers who can geek out about data and ways to present it to regular humans. You’ll be exposed to a plethora of unique projects and challenges from clients located both domestically and around the world—Australia, Singapore, Italy and the UK, to name a few—and the solutions are never cookie-cutter.
· Two or more years experience; focusing on content creation, accessibility and data display for web, mobile and desktop applications
· Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and collaboration tools. Familiarity with design process, HTML, CSS and Java Script are also helpful
· An analytical and creative mind, with a hunger for learning and a desire to clarify complex human problems with technology
· Strong process— ability to collaborate with design, technology and product teams
· A desire to challenge yourself both personally and professionally; as well as staying current with technology, content, data and design trends.
· Deep understanding of Digital Accessibility