Tendril is a leader in the home energy management industry. We empower our utility partners and their customers to use energy more effectively through innovative software and customer journeys.
Tendril is seeking an experienced Proposal Writer. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Sales Enablement, the Proposal Writer will be responsible for developing sales proposals for Tendril’s energy efficiency, customer engagement and demand management products that meet each utility’s diverse business objectives. In doing so, this person will directly contribute to Tendril’s aggressive growth targets.
What You’ll Do:
The Proposal Writer is responsible for creating and designing proposals that lead to new business or expanded programs. The following is a list of your primary responsibilities:
- Have a holistic understanding of Tendril’s solutions to identify content and materials needed to satisfy proposal requests.
- Work with Sales Leads to frame proposal response strategy and timelines.
- Meet proposal deadlines by:
- Establishing priorities and deadlines for information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Monitoring progress and delivering status updates to stakeholders.
- Facilitating Deal Review Board meetings to receive approval on program design and pricing.
- Submitting proposals prior to deadlines.
- Collect information from content owners and other subject matter experts across departments.
- Lead collaborative process by engaging stakeholders, following-up on requests, and obtaining executive review and approval.
- Write, revise, edit proposal drafts to produce a final, high quality polished product that has a consistent structure, format, and tone.
- Create compelling content that grabs the reader’s attention.
- Ensure submission compliance with the solicitation requirements.
- Create/maintain proposal file organization (electronic, cloud).
- Continually improve proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach and coordination.
- Contribute to content creation and materials review for marketing, sales and product teams, as needed and available.
- Maintain functional and industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, maintaining personal networks, etc.
- Further accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to other facets of the company.
What You Bring to Tendril:
- Excellent creative and technical writing skills with an eye for detail.
- Strong project management capabilities with an ability to prioritize and delegate tasks, as appropriate.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in writing and proposal management.
- Experience supporting an advanced technology B2B organization.
- Expertise with shared drives (Google and Dropbox), shared files, shared calendars (Google) and Webex.
- Energy industry experience strongly preferred.
- Possess critical thinking skills, which utilize the ability to take complex technical concepts and present them in a relatable, differentiated manner.
- Process improvement-focused, adaptable mindset.
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and manage multiple proposals at one time with a commitment to produce the highest quality documents.
- Exceptional communicator (written and oral) with maturity and ability to influence colleagues, must be able to reinforce structured processes.
- Proven track record of delivering impactful results.
- Desire to own the process and see a proposal through from concept to completion.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome...
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative paid time off policy
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.
About the Tendril Team
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers. And we like to laugh.