Prepress Manager at Pocket Outdoor Media
The prepress manager requires an aptitude for print production plus an understanding of the magazine printing industry standards and advertising graphic design. Expert knowledge of digital editions and file management is also required. This person interacts with internal ad coordinators, art directors and photo editors to preflight ad materials, correct, adjust and manipulate images while coordinating with the magazine’s workflow and deadlines. Candidate must be well organized, extremely detailed and deadline proficient. The prepress manager should have six years of experience working on a Mac in a print production, prepress publishing or agency environment.
How You Will Make A Difference:
- Correct and adjust color images for multiple magazines provided from photographers for magazine web offset print reproduction.
- Collaborate with photo editors, producing quality images for magazine reproduction.
- Accurately preflight editorial and advertising files for reproduction according to specifications while maximizing production efficiencies. Troubleshoot, correct as needed.
- Design and produce ads.
- Create press ready PDFs, upload, review and approve digital proofs for print online.
- Create and review color press proofs for submission to printers.
- Prepare magazine page files for digital editions on various platforms.
- Maintain, manage and organize digital files.
- Manage Epson proofer supplies and maintenance.
- Field questions from digital partners, submitting them to VP of Production as needed.
- Collaborate with ad coordinators and production managers.
- Assist training for new Art Directors on internal procedures and processes.
- Assist VP of Production and Manufacturing.
What You Bring
- Fluent with CC on a Mac platform. Five+ years’ experience with design software.
- Minimum of five years of electronic prepress or desktop publishing and printing experience and/or vocational/technical degree or equivalent is required.
- Must possess and maintain a working understanding of printing theory including digital imposition, overprinting, knockouts, paper characteristics, pagination, ink density, ghosting, color space and color theory.
- Experience with silhouettes and clipping path skills, including ad production, building ads, manipulating PDFs and pre-flighting files from advertisers.
- Eight years’ experience working with color retouching required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of electronic prepress digital file formats and common desktop publishing tools.
- Candidate must be able to differentiate between colors and will be required to complete a color test.
- Proven knowledge to troubleshoot file issues and resolve problems
- Knowledge of processes and procedures for digital magazines.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and jobs independently and effectively.
- Strong organization skills to maintain digital library of images, magazine issues and layouts
- Confidence to comfortably navigate a digital network with various servers
- Good communication required in order to interact with production personnel regarding any problems, questions or concerns with electronic files. Communicate in technical terms with printers.
- Self-motivated, reliable, responsible, detail/quality oriented and punctual. Proactive and positive
- Position requires preselection testing/assessments of all final candidates.
- Candidate must have an excellent eye for color in images for print reproduction
- Proven ability to multitask and work under deadline pressure while working independently
- Speed and accuracy