Multicultural Content Acquisition
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, Starz, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Multicultural Programming position in the DISH International Programming department. The team sources, evaluates, and negotiates license and carriage deals with in-language and foreign-based services for distribution on DISH’s satellite and OTT platforms.The work environment is extremely fast-paced with a large portfolio of contracts to manage and an average of 150 deal transactions (new channels and renewals) closing each year. Located in: Denver, CO.
- Serve as a principal member of the International business team (and work with the department’s programming attorneys) in negotiating and managing the life-cycle of programming contracts
- Develop and enhance relationships with Network partners, acting as the point-person for agreements and related items (tax forms, payments, operational issues)
- Maintain summaries and produce reports on programmer contact and relationships
- Research and understand the multicultural television marketplace, explore programming opportunities, and evaluate programming content
- Provide deal support and correlate COGS analysis, revenue models, and subscriber trends as needed
Skills - Experience and Requirements
An ideal candidate would have the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university plus three years work experience
- Exposure to contracts, legal terms, and long-form agreements; Negotiation, presentation, and resolution skills; professional demeanor; Creativity in deal-making and in developing new processes
- Appreciation of foreign cultures; ability to speak foreign languages a plus; Background (or interest) in working in the pay television industry
- Sound analytical judgement – both qualitative and quantitative
- Ability to foster strong external and internal business relationships; comfort in working with upper management
- Proficiency in MS Suite; knowledge of databases and Tableau helpful