International Media Programming Manager at Sling TV
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $14 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service – Sling TV – that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television. Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The International Media Programming Manager is a part of a team that prides itself on providing high quality international content to the millions of people here in the U.S. who want to connect with the local news, culture, and popular programming from their home countries. Working with in-language content from around the world including Europe, the Middle East, South Asia, East Asia, and Brazil. From sourcing and evaluating programming content, to negotiating business terms and reviewing agreements with DISH’s legal team, you will play a principal role in driving nearly 100 deals -- new channels and renewals -- annually.
- Negotiate international programming agreements for both DISH DBS and Sling TV.
- Understand the multicultural television marketplace; source and evaluate programming opportunities to further DISH’s market leadership position.
- Work with legal, brand managers, operations, and financial analysts throughout the deal cycle.
- Develop and enhance relationships with Network partners and content providers, managing accounts and serving as the primary point of contact.
- Correlate COGS analysis, revenue models, and subscriber trends as needed.
Skills - Experience and Requirements
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college plus five-years work experience, ideally within media and/or entertainment fields and/or pay television industry.
- Understanding of content production and distribution as well as knowledge of key international industry players.
- Contract negotiation, presentation, and resolution skills; professional demeanor.
- Previous exposure to contracts, legal terms, and long-form agreements.
- Sound analytical judgement; excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment (including rigorous contract deal timelines).
- Appreciation of foreign cultures; ability to speak a foreign language is a plus.