Head of Content & Communications at Personal Capital
Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced executive that can help us build and grow the Personal Capital Newsroom. Inside our newsroom, we integrate data, content and PR to build our brand, generate press and write and distribute content to help people transform their financial lives. If you are an ambitious, media and content savvy B2C brand builder, we’d like to chat. In this role, you would manage agency relationships and direct reports and would need to collaborate across all marketing, data and product functions to understand how to drive earned leads.
You know intimately the central role content and PR can play in integrated campaigns and you’ve built CEO and C-suite thought leadership platforms. A passionate content and PR maven and marketer through and through, you constantly observe the greatest marketing campaigns of world-class brands and apply the lessons on the job. You are strategic and understand the importance of having a clear, concise messaging strategy. This position can be remote and reports to the CMO. Compensation is competitive and includes a bonus and long-term incentive plans.
- 10-15 years in public relations at an agency and/or in-house in a high growth corporate environment (ideally both); extensive relevant Tier 1 media relationships
- Or, 10-15 years of experience building a company that is driven primarily by content generated lead gen
- Experience building or managing a branded content newsroom, thought leadership and media programs
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Track record of generating quantifiable results in building brand awareness, high quality media coverage with or for hyper-growth entrepreneurial B2C companies
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A perfectionist when it comes to messaging and written communication
- Verbal communication is clear, succinct and persuasive; CEO-ready
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or relevant field
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 166,300.00-282,700.00
LocationCA San Francisco
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.