Are you a creative wordsmith with experience in product and marketing copywriting? Do you have a passion for endurance sports? Does a flexible schedule, dog-friendly office, amazing benefits, and community of like-minded athletes appeal to you? If you answered 'yes' to all of the above, read on!
At TrainingPeaks, we are athletes and coaches ourselves and we are absolutely passionate about what we do! Our endurance training apps and services help athletes and coaches reach their dream goals.
We are seeking someone like you to lead our copywriting efforts to help our current and future customers better understand and engage with our products.
Who You Are:
- A creative thinker who can take complex ideas and turn them into messaging that inspires and informs athletes and coaches
- A versatile writer with the ability to create copy and messaging for a variety of customer types and life cycles
- A team player with the ability to work effectively across multiple teams and with tight deadlines
What You’ll Do:
You will use your expertise to craft clean, sharp and creative copy for new products and features. You will also collaborate with the Education and Marketing teams to write and edit promotional and educational copy to help our customers understand the 'how's and 'why's of our products and services. This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing and work closely with Product, Creative, and UX teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Product and UX teams on an ongoing basis to ensure consistency of voice and tone and crafting UX copy that gets users to take action
- Writing creative marketing content for the TrainingPeaks.com website to encourage visitors to create an account, purchase, and engage with our products and services
- Crafting creative copy for marketing and promotional campaigns including campaign and affiliate landing pages, emails, in-app messages, and online advertising
- Supporting new product and feature announcements website copy updates, app notifications, and education content editing
- Ensuring our voice and tone is consistently used across all company-wide communications
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years of product and marketing copywriting experience
- A Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or a related field
- Exceptional writing, proofreading, and grammar skills
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Being self-motivated, resourceful, and a creative problem solver
- Familiarity with AP Style
- A passion for endurance sports with a good understanding of how triathletes, cyclists, and runners think
- Experience using TrainingPeaks as a coach or an athlete is a plus
Who We Are:
We are our own customers - we use TrainingPeaks in our own training and racing every day. We are proud of the unique work environment this has created. We feel that it is the reason we have been named one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work.
Walking around our office, you'll hear conversations about last weekend's races and see signed jerseys from some of the world's best athletes. Our lunchtime rides and runs make training fun–and maybe just a little bit competitive–but if you're like us, the two are one and the same!
Benefits & Perks:
We believe in flexible schedules and a work-life balance. Being located in Boulder, Colorado, there is just way too much cool stuff to experience and get done outside the office. Bottom line, there is an alignment between your personal and professional interests–this is a job where you don't have to put your athletic life on hold until weekends.
Additional perks include:
- Dog-friendly office
- $1,200/year fitness reimbursement to purchase any items related to healthy living
- Onsite workout facilities including bike storage, treadmill, bike trainers, rowers, full weightlifting and CrossFit equipment, changing rooms, showers and towel service
- Music Studio for all to practice, jam, and record
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Onsite micro market with stocked drinks, snacks, and lunch options
- 3 weeks of PTO for all new hires; increase in PTO at various years of service
- 4 week paid sabbatical for all employees after 7 years of employment
- 100% company paid medical plan for employees with buy-up options as well as dental and vision insurance for employees (dependent coverage available)
- 401(k) 5% match
- Beautiful North East Boulder, CO location
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
Upload a cover letter & resume along with your portfolio or recent copywriting samples.
Please Note: A copywriting test will be part of the interview process.