[Design] Senior UX Content Designer at Checkr (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr is excited at how thoughtful content design can take our products to the next level, so we’re looking for our very first Senior UX Content Designer to join the Product Design team. As the first content designer at Checkr, you’ll not only partner with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to build software that improves people’s lives, but you’ll have the chance to make a big impact on how we do content. From concept to release, you’ll strategize and write copy that demystifies the background check process and encourages fair hiring. Millions of people use our products every day, and they’ll be reading the words you write to guide them along their journey. We can’t wait to work with you to make that journey even better.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com.
What you’ll do:
- Participate as an equal partner in the product development process, from early research and concepts to final mocks and launch
- Own the strategy and writing of product copy and emails that make the complexity of background checks clear and approachable, while partnering with Product Designers on projects large and small
- Work with Product and Engineering partners to understand content limitations and explore possibilities
- Identify opportunities where content can play a larger role in meeting customer goals
- Partner with research to understand user needs and inform content choices
- Collaborate with our brand studio team to keep product and marketing materials consistent and compelling
- Have the opportunity to influence how Checkr approaches content, from creating a product writing style guide to proposing changes to systems that make our content — and content designers — sing
Who you are:
- Excited about improving employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- ~5 years’ marketing or UX writing experience, with around 2-3 years’ experience specifically in UX
- Interested in influencing the content design function at Checkr
- Experience working across teams to build clear, effective content that reaches user and business goals
- Have a strong portfolio of relevant work with products that have shipped
- A passionate champion for the user who incorporates business considerations into your design and content goals
- Familiar with design tools such as Figma
- Understands the importance of using data to inform content
- Able to synthesize insights across customers to inform overall strategy
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is 111,350 - $131,000.
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.