Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!
- Write high-quality short-form copy across website, brand & product video scripts, data visualizations and infographics, brand messaging, sales presentations, and beyond
- Research, plan, write and edit copy on deadline, and identify sources for research and draft copy with limited direction
- Execute copywriting within the content/style and brand guidelines
- Closely collaborate with the creative team on copy, layout, design, and style on brand videos and other website assets
- Translate highly technical content to laymen’s terms/ easily digestible written copy
- Edit web copy for unsurpassed precision and completion
- Lead copywriting for audience development across a variety of distribution platforms, in collaboration with the content marketing manager
- Brainstorm and support write branded content articles, write marketing concepts and strategic messaging
- Provide exceptional service and collaboration to cross-functional partners, including responding promptly to issues and challenges to hit organizational goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, English, communications, advertising, or marketing
- 6+ years of copywriting experience. Excellent short-form writing skills, impeccable grammar, and ability to write specifically for web/digital platforms in the English language to support specific audiences
- Exceptional editorial skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Expertise writing for both B2B and B2C audiences
- Understanding of layout design including grid systems and page structure
- Proficiency in using the G Suite products: Google Calendar, Gmail, GDrive, Doc, Slides, Sheets, Hangouts, Slack, and Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- A self-starter, result-oriented, problem solver with a bias for action
- High emotional intelligence, a collaborative team player with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a rapid growth environment
- 3+ years of digital, brand, or ad agency experience
- MA, MS in journalism, English, communications, advertising, or marketing
- Understanding of social media platforms, SEO writing practices, and content marketing strategy
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment and/or aerospace industry, a plus
The Base Salary Range for this position is $70,000 - $86,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.