Contributing Writers (contract/remote)
The content team at Zestful is on the hunt for stellar contributing writers!
We're looking to build a strong base of consistent contributors for the Zestful blog. As one of our writers, you'll be responsible for producing concise, witty, informative takes on a variety of topics within the modern HR space and writing with flair about employee perks, people ops, and company culture.
We believe there's a shift coming in the ways in which we reward, attract, and retain the best people. People are not one-size-fits-all—yet, for years, our perk and reward programs have been just that.
Zestful—the ultimate employee perk—makes it easy for companies of all sizes to reward their team with the products and services they care about most. It’s employee perks, made personal.
What you’ll do
- Brainstorm a variety of research-backed topics that relate to employee perks, the latest trends, changes, and best practices in the people ops/HR space, and why it’s important to build and maintain a stellar company culture
- Pitch 3–5 topics at a monthly 1:1 content meeting
- Flesh out agreed-upon topics and produce content on-deadline including necessary SEO/technical writing (focus keyword implementation, meta titles & descriptions, and internal & external links)
- Mindfully follow Zestful’s content guidelines when producing content
- Complete one round of final edits within 48 hours of receipt
Skills we’re looking for
- You love to write and write well. You have a passion for influencing people for the greater good through honest, witty, and educational writing.
- You’re willing to learn. You’d love to gain a deep understanding of Zestful’s positioning and voice in the HR technology space.
- You believe in our product. We’re not salespeople, but caring about what we do—and why we do it—is a necessity. Although contractors, each of our writers need to have a sense of ownership in our company and our mission.
- You’re coachable. It’s going to take a bit to develop your personal voice through a Zestful lense, so being open to constructive feedback is key.
- You’re tech-savvy. We are a tech company, after all!
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and demonstrated experience successfully writing for reader experience+SEO
- Minimum one year experience professionally writing blogs, with bonus points for experience writing in a tech space
- Bonus points if you have direct experience working or writing for the HR/people ops space, or are experienced in writing for B2B tech.
How to apply
Please submit three writing samples and a resume (including a link to your portfolio, if applicable).
This is a contract position. The number of posts required per month will be agreed upon depending on writer bandwidth at the time of hire.