Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here at CA Technologies in Boulder, CO!
The Content Program Manager is responsible for the coordinated management of interdependent content projects within the Central Software Group to achieve business goals.
What might I be doing?
Do you have a background in project and/or program management? Do you find it an exciting challenge to manage several high-level projects concurrently? Do you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills? If so, read on.
We are looking for a Content Program Manager to join our team of curious, confident individuals who thrive on tackling projects collaboratively in an Agile environment. In this position, you will:
- Lead interdependent projects within the Central Software Group, a group that supports all business units, to achieve strategic objectives in a professional and successful manner
- Manage a portfolio of initiatives that span multiple lines of business and strategic partners
- As part of the Innovation team, you will bring together six backlogs of new content
- Manage and coordinate the online documentation of content, globalization of content, and the future of content
- Ensure that the program goals/milestones are met and budgets are in accordance with financial goals
- Mentor team members, and motivate the team to success through recognition of results
- Act as a subject matter expert on various areas and an advocate in adopting new best practices and processes
What experience do I need?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have a minimum of 7 years of related professional project management experience plus 2 or more years of professional program management experience as a Release Train Engineer, Scrum Master, or Project Manager
- You have phenomenal communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence customers, (internal and external) and other managers
- You have a proven ability to manage concurrent projects globally, externally, internally, and within budget using formal program management practices
- You thrive working in an environment of multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams
- You have earned a Project Management Certification (PMP) or global equivalent (i.e. PRINCE2)
What makes me an extra-good fit?
- You have a professional or educational background in technical writing
- You have earned a Program Management Certification (PgMP) or global equivalent
What is the Boulder office environment like?
As you walk into our offices, you can feel the collaborative energy with an abundancy of meeting rooms and white boards, ideas written on walls and sticky notes, and work areas that define the personalities of those that occupy them through their own customization. The walls are low and the collaboration is high, and our modern, adjustable furniture allows you to stand-up or sit down based on your thoughts, comfort and mood. If your brain gets full, and you just want to step away, go to our game room for some foosball, ping pong, or enjoy some snacks and beverages. Enjoy the 300 plus days of Colorado sun with our open space and plentiful windows, or simply step out on our balcony to soak up the rays. If you want to stay close, food trucks stop by regularly, coffee with fresh milk or cream is always available, and a dry cleaner service picks up and delivers for your convenience. If you want to get away, we are in a fantastic downtown location near restaurants, stores, walking/biking trails, and more! Just grab one of our loaner bikes for your exercise or errands.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.