Commerce Editor at Likemind
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Pitch, develop, write, and publish product recommendation content (ranging from roundups, to reviews, to how-to guides, and anything in between) endemic to the house styles of multiple Inboxlab brands.
- Discover interesting new products, acquire samples, and write reviews of the stuff that’s actually worth buying.
- Assist in editing freelance contributions and managing freelance relationships.
- Create daily email newsletters to deliver the best deals and products to our subscribers’ inboxes, with an eye for detail and precise copy editing.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in identifying key retailers and advocating for the reader by securing exclusive deals on the best products.
- Pitch and brainstorm new franchises, stand-alone pieces, gamified content and brand expansion ideas.
- Ensure that the reader’s interest always comes first in commerce content.
- Assist in the development, strategy setting, and daily content creation for Inboxlab’s commerce social media channels.
- Research, develop and implement strategies to drive more engagement on commerce content across brands.
- A/B test written and visual content to optimize click-thru, open rates, and other key metrics.
- Implement SEO content strategies to help drive organic traffic
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Superior copy-editing, line-editing and top-editing skills
- The ability to discern a good deal from a fake deal
- Bachelor’s Degree in writing, communications, marketing, or other related fields
- Working knowledge of email marketing strategies
- Deep passion and familiarity in some product categories, but with an insatiable curiosity to learn about others
- Intermediate design knowledge and familiarity with Photoshop
- Willingness to learn new technology, software, and tools as Inboxlab’s capabilities evolve
- Intuitive understanding of social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube
- Keen awareness for what makes content viral (images for social, article titles, etc...)
- Experience with online CMS software (Wordpress, Ghost, or similar)
- Ability to tackle assignments with acute attention to detail and ability to avoid any errors or typos
- Ability to stay organized and tackle multiple tasks at a time
- This position will operate remotely and interact with our hubs in Denver, LA, New York and Buenos Aires