Category Manager at NetApp
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
As a Category Manager, you are part of the Global Indirect Procurement team responsible for strategic sourcing of goods, and services for your designated categories. You will serve as a business interface, along with your assigned Business Sourcing Partner/s, between your business unit customers as applicable for the categories you manage You will work with your Business Sourcing Partner(s), your designated business unit customers to manage sourcing demand and customer requirements for your designated categories and business units. You will focus on assisting your Business Sourcing Partner(s)in developing sourcing strategies for assigned spend categories, as well as the execution of sourcing projects and contract negotiations that are deemed to be strategic in nature. You will also be responsible to identify new opportunities together with the Business Sourcing Manager as well as service improvements with your internal customers.
To be successful, you will need to be extremely organized; able to collaborate and partner in a complex environment; have good communication and facilitation skills; and be a motivated self-starter
- Execution of strategic sourcing projects in designated business units, working with the business unit customers, and Business Sourcing Partners which includes but is not limited to drafting of agreements, Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Quotation (RFQ) documentation with limited direction using traditional or e-sourcing applications.
- Works with the internal customers as well as the Business Relationship Manager to define detailed business requirements with designated business units, prioritizing business requirements and taking them through approval process
- Developing and maintaining local, regional and global sourcing strategies for designated categories/areas of spend
- Ensuring Sourcing Managers as well as Contracting and Sourcing Analysts follow the category strategy
- Participates in post sourcing project reviews and project evaluations
- Implements change management strategies within designated business units to increase utilization of best practices sourcing and procurement solutions
- Participates in standardized relationship management processes globally for designated business area(s)
- Develops an understanding of the designated business unit market strategy and in coordination with the Business Sourcing Partners, proactively identifies individual spend category strategies that will allow to meet aggressive cost reduction targets
- Assists the Business Sourcing Partner in business unit capacity and demand planning forecasting customer business unit demand for GSS services
- Negotiation of global preferred supplier agreements
- Maintains the contracting database and feeds the SRM system
- Provides feedback on procurement processes and work streams
- Creates and approves work orders, tracks and reports status of sourcing projects
- Creates and maintains Category cards detailing overall category strategies, preferred vendors and business unit requirements for PR2PO execution
- Reviews procurement requests outside category card guidelines and approves waivers when applicable
- Has deep process skills; an understanding of process costs, and the ability to work with operations and the tactical sourcing team to ensure effective operations and agreed upon service levels.
- Propose efficiencies improvement through Robotic Process Automation
Ability to develop and analyze business cases, spend analytics, and financial models
Ability to translate data into convincing information
General technical knowledge of indirect spend catagories, with experience on IT specific categories such as Hardware, Software and Telecom
Experience conducting strategic sourcing for indirect spend categories
Strong Project Management skills with the ability to lead and prioritize activities
Strong Collaboration and Interpersonal skills
Effective written and verbal communication and influencing skills (both internally with customers, and the supplier community
Proven negotiations skills
Ability to collaborate and partner with designated business unit customers
Knowledge of productivity and service level measures and methodologies
Leads category, sourcing strategy and demand planning discussions, using group facilitation strengths and experience
Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes
Significant prior experience in all elements of sourcing and category management for indirect services, including professional services and
Education & Experience:
A minimum of 8 years of experience as an individual contributor and a minimum of 5 years as a people manager is required.
An MBA/Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree required, or equivalent experience.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, critical projects is required
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.