Accounting Coordinator - Accounts Receivable at Gogo Business Aviation (Greater Denver Area, CO)
As a key member of the Finance organization, the Gogo Business Aviation Accounting Coordinator - Accounts Receivable is a high-energy, detail-oriented person with a passion for accounting and numbers. This position will work on configuring customer accounts, assist in processing monthly billing, reporting, cash receipts, and collections support. You will work closely with the Customer Operations team to identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiencies through automation and enhanced workflows while ensuring strong internal controls.
The ideal candidate has experience in Accounts Receivable, the month-end close process, and building key relationships with our customer base.
Are you detail-oriented, highly motivated, and love to work with people?
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION ACCOUNTING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Configure customer accounts in Gogo's billing system
- Record daily cash receipts including lock box payments, ACH/wire, credit card and manual check deposits
- Post and apply customer payments against invoices in the Accounts Receivable systems
- Process sales orders, purchase orders and shipping documents to generate equipment invoices
- Handle warranty sales credits and invoices upon repair/exchange
- Review returned merchandise authorizations (RMAs) to confirm equipment received and post RMA credits
- Administer credit memos/adjustments when approved in Salesforce and post in billing system and ERP
- Respond to customer billing inquiries via email and phone
- Prepare, enter, and maintain support for journal entries
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable sub-ledgers for both Service and Equipment customers
- Assist with reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for month-end close
- Help with training new employees
- Assist with quarterly and annual SOX audit
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-4 years' experience in Accounts Receivable processing
Required Skills, Talents & Experience
- Strong customer service skills as well as verbal/written communication and messaging skills
- ERP systems experience
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with accounting and management information systems, spreadsheets and databases
Preferred Skills, Talents & Experience
- Telecom billing experience a plus
- Strong attention to details with analytical, organizational and research abilities
- Effective problem solving; methodical, detail-oriented and analytical approach to issue resolution
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Experience in evaluating and streamlining processes and systems, developing and implementing policies and procedures to achieve operational efficiencies
We love work-life balance as much as you do! Gogo Business Aviation is a place that values our employees' time both in and out of the office. Our employees enjoy a hybrid in-office and work from home environment that is designed to give you the flexibility and space to collaborate with your team effectively while building the strong relationships that are a hallmark of our culture.
Equal Pay Disclosure(s)
Colorado Equal Pay Statement: Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role to be located in the state of Colorado.
23.20 - 29.00 USD Hourly
Target Annual Short-Term Incentive:
Bonus Plan at 5% (% of Annualized Base Pay)
Eligible for Incentive Stock Program:
Gogo offers competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage with plans that can fit each employee's needs. We offer an immediate vesting 401k plan, paid time off and volunteer time off. Employees have the option to participate in an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Visit the Careers page on our website for more information at www.gogoair.com/careers.
--- --- ---
Gogo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept of Equal Employment opportunity.
Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition, or disability.
The EEO is the law and is available here. Gogo participates in E-Verify (English and Spanish). Right to Work Statement (English and Spanish).