VP, Information Security Engineering (Greater Denver Area, CO)
The VP, Information Security Engineering is responsible for leading a team of security engineers and architects who partner with delivery, development, and operations teams to engineer, design, architect and implement risk-based security controls across Charter's information and service delivery assets. This role will work collaboratively across several technology domains including but not limited to endpoint, network, compute, storage, processing technologies (IT), operational technologies (OT), application and development processes/pipelines, and cloud environments. This position will drive broad security designs and security control implementation across a highly diversified and expansive organization. Additionally, this role will ensure that security controls and considerations are consistent and remain relevant throughout the organization to protect the company from Cyber Security threats as well meeting regulatory requirements and industry best practices such as NIST CSF, PCI and IT SOX.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Lead multi-function information security engineering and architecture team to effectively manage information security risks.
- Research, design, and implement cyber security solutions for Charter's systems and products that comply with all applicable security policies and standards.
- Collaborates extensively with Software Development, IT, Network Operations, Advanced Engineering, Digital Platforms divisions to ensure that security is "baked-in" the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration process of hardware and software.
- Develops and leads function to analyze and recommend improvements to further secure network, system, and application architectures.
- Expertly develop and implement a comprehensive security tooling strategy that encompasses tools consolidation, rationalization, measurement, and management across a multi-divisional organization.
- Develop and manage program to support regular review and updating of cyber security policies, architectures, and standards.
- Partners with Information Security Operations and Risk Management in responding to audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
- Strategize and engineer technology, people, and processes to increase overall cybersecurity posture and reduce the risk of unauthorized network, system, application and data disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
- Manage departmental budgets, projects, and metrics to satisfaction CISO targets.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Experience with developing security framework such as ISO, NIST, PCI, and IT SOX audit requirements and security attack vectors
- Experience with implementation and operations of security platforms, technologies, & products
- Experience with data classification, access control, and security models
- Experience with implementing and managing DLP, Privileged access and identity management, Password vault, GRC, and ERM tools
- Expertise and/or experience with security risk assessments using common security control frameworks to assess/recommend/build controls
- Knowledge of identity management protocols, encryption algorithms, network and routing protocols, load balancers, cable service delivery systems, WiFi, Mobile, Voice, Video, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with securing multi-cloud environments, workloads, containers, VPCs, etc.
- Deep technical responsibilities and knowledge related to IDS, IPS, SIEM, EDR, FIM, DLP and other related technical security controls
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization including senior executives - CDO, CFO, COO, CEO, and risk committees
- Must work well under pressure, grasp new ideas quickly, think creatively, and be able to follow up in a dynamic environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Work well independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
- Experience in large enterprises leading multiple information security or IT domains in telecommunications, financial services, defense industrial base, or technology sectors - 15+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Strong conceptual and technical knowledge for modern IT & OT environments to include server configuration/architecture, cloud, database management/configuration, networking protocols/designs, access management/access controls, coding languages/software development methodologies, cable plant architecture, video delivery systems, etc.
- Expert-level understanding in two or more cybersecurity/information security domains to include but not limited to information security engineering, risk management, compliance, business information security, information security project management, vulnerability management/vulnerability assessments/ethical hacking/penetration testing/red teaming, SDLC, encryption, etc.
- Previous experiences working for or extensively with law enforcement, government agencies, information sharing centers
- Credentialed in one or more a reputable cyber security certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.
- Master's degree preferred
- Office environment
- Some travel required
XIT004 2023-21570 2023
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
A qualified applicant's criminal history, if any, will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.
The pay for this position has a salary range of
$158,500.00 to $290,300.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.
Get to Know Us Charter Communications is known in the United States by our Spectrum brands, including: Spectrum Internet®, TV, Mobile and Voice, Spectrum Networks, Spectrum Enterprise and Spectrum Reach. When you join us, you're joining a strong community of more than 101,000 individuals working together to serve more than 32 million customers in 41 states and keep them connected to what matters most.
Who You Are Matters Here We're committed to growing a workforce that reflects our communities, and providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement. EOE, including disability/vets.