VP of Acquisition, Growth and Media (AGM)
The VP of Acquisition, Growth and Media (AGM) person will lead Ibotta’s Direct Response and non-Direct Response efforts to consistently grow its user base and its brand awareness. This leader will be building and executing a growth strategy that leverages our team and budget for the long-term success of our brand. The VP will partner with the Brand Development and Strategy team to construct new, innovative programs that distinguish the Ibotta brand and provide greater understanding of the value we can provide our consumers.
This role will collaborate with other Marketing leaders to design and execute a comprehensive media strategy to drive user acquisition and overall brand awareness, using a data-driven approach where appropriate. This is a highly visible role across the organization and is an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the growth and success of Ibotta’s business.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of driving results through a team while finding the balance of creativity and quantitative analysis to create, test and effectively measure marketing initiatives. This leader will also have demonstrated the ability to work across functions within and outside of Marketing, building relationships to drive results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build a high-performing team based on strengths, talents, group dynamics and business needs while providing clear direction, feedback and development to direct reports
- Be an intellectually curious thought leader and a key partner of the CMO, marketing leaders and cross-functional leaders
- Develop and implement a holistic media strategy (leveraging technology and personalization across known/unknown media channels) that delivers against company objectives for revenue, user growth, brand awareness and cost of acquisition efficiency
- Effectively deploy capital/investment dollars
- Lead cross-functional efforts with data analytics, engineering, product, creative and design and finance teams to increase effectiveness and efficiencies in cost to acquire
- Distill/synthesize vast amounts of information into understandable, concise summaries to demystify complex topics and to enable rapid decision-making
- Define, evolve, and oversee marketing metrics reporting and infrastructure development to ensure that marketing is achieving effective results and operating at an ever-increasing efficiency level
- Own and optimize the user acquisition marketing budget and Ibotta’s cost to acquire metric
What we are looking for:
- 10-15 years of marketing experience in a consumer-facing concept, preferably with experience in B2C internet, e-commerce/DTC and/or mobile
- Relevant experience and deep expertise in direct response marketing, performance marketing, brand awareness marketing and/or media planning/strategy
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred
- Proven track record of generating growth and awareness through all media channels
- Deep experience creating marketing campaigns, from insight/concept through delivery, while responsibly deploying large advertising investments/budgets
- Experience using analytical/strategic/creative thinking skills to communicate effectively, organize, and prioritize responsibilities across marketing and cross-functional teams
- Experience building a consumer brand through creative strategies
- Proven success of using mobile acquisition channels to grow users cost-effectively
- Experience in designing optimal organizational structures and leading large teams, directly and indirectly
- Comfortable with statistics and quantitative concepts like multivariate testing
- Comfortable with evaluating creative from the perspective of the brand and how the creative impacts end results
- Ability to manage and analyze large datasets and perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Energetic, self-starter, and a team player
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities
- Ability to make independent decisions and strong execution ability in a fast-paced environment
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.