Vice President, Product Management - Strategic Initiatives
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is an award-winning and leading provider of software for the insurance industry. Our solutions boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
Vertafore's culture encourages employees to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are determined to shape, not follow, the rapidly changing insurance industry by transforming our products and services and identifying new ways to add value for our customers.
The VP, Product Management - Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for planning and leading strategic initiatives to expand Vertafore’s position in the market. This role will require innovation and planning on how to both leverage our current assets as well as put together recommendations for new products for continued growth.
• Understand and codify relevant trends and competitive developments in the insurance industry
• Make recommendations to improve current solutions
• Identify new business opportunities/segments/solutions Vertafore should pursue
• Create business cases for new initiatives
• Ensure delivery of high potential solutions in alignment with customer needs and in partnership with other functional areas in the business
• BA or BS degree
• Experience in the Property and Causality insurance field required
• Formal Product Management training preferred
• Enterprise Software experience preferred
• Strong ability to innovate and influence
• Experience managing teams with complex project plans
• Ability to implement product management best practices
• Ability to create and manage product roadmaps
• Ability to define product vision tied to overall company strategy/objectives
• Ability to analyze and draw conclusions related to customer research relevant to the product portfolio
• Ability to articulate and drive value proposition
• Well versed in various pricing strategies preferred
• Ability to quickly establish credibility with key stakeholders and cross functional leaders
• Excellent communication skills to facilitate meetings and articulate complex concepts
• Experience communicating direction and progress to internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities
• Strong product and procedural expertise across all key aspects of the business preferred
• Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.