Vice President, Information Technology (IT)
This is a new role at Ibotta! The Vice President, IT leads and directs the development, integration and implementation of large, complex information technology programs, products, and services, and manages the day to day operations of the IT team.
In collaboration with senior leaders, the VP IT develops and prioritizes initiatives on an IT roadmap and is responsible for long- and short-term technology program, project and initiative outcomes, as well as for IT support.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Strategy & Communication
- Develops effective relationships with senior leaders, key technology vendors, IT team members, and other key stakeholders. Maintains effective working relationships with all internal constituents, including business and functional leaders
- Develops communication protocols to understand the business’ IT priorities, and to communicate out plans and initiatives to address those priorities
- Forms a vision for infrastructure and support services and their delivery
- Defines and executes short- and long-term plans linked to Ibotta’s overall business objectives, and establishes a strategic technology roadmap in partnership with, and focusing on, priorities from peers and leadership across the company
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing team based on strengths, talents, group dynamics and business needs and provide clear direction, feedback and development to direct reports
- Enhances the systems and processes that ensure availability and optimal function of endpoints (primarily Macs) and cloud/network components
- Ensures neither team- nor technology-based ‘single points of failure’ exist; focuses on team and technology redundancy
- Continues to build out an agile, responsive, and customer service focused team, and maintains adequate staffing levels and skills
- Promotes the use of industry standard processes and frameworks, and the adherence to internal control practices within IT
- Responsible for managing a technology portfolio of applications, network- cloud- and software assets, capabilities, and integrations
- Responsible for solution delivery and performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, or other IT governance metrics identified
- Maintains an enterprise-wide perspective, leads efforts to upgrade infrastructure and supporting processes
- Leads negotiations for vendor agreements; liaises with legal department and business application owners
- Maintains an audit-ready posture in all areas of responsibility including with respect to SOC audits
Here is what we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or other relevant discipline
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience in large, high growth technology companies, including experience managing teams, complex information technology platforms and integrations, and IT project delivery
- Seven (7) or more years of leadership experience
- Record of motivating teams and instilling accountability for on-time, within budget delivery, and the ability to develop and manage processes to motivate staff to achieve desired results
- Change management experience including the development and implementation of new technology related programs, products and services
- Competence in identifying risk areas and proactively determining appropriate mitigation strategies
- Experience with large, cross functional projects, such as Salesforce and ERP (for example, Netsuite) implementations
- Ability to effectively team with cross-functional peers to influence key decisions
- Advanced knowledge of common corporate business functions (legal, financial reporting, accounting, customer relationship management, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to prepare and effectively deliver presentations to senior executives and lead “chalk board” discussions while capturing key concepts
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively, build, and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, teams, staff and internal customers
- Strong attention to detail, and an ability to execute with precision while juggling multiple projects and priorities
- Executive presence and ability to grow into more senior roles
- Six-sigma or similar experience is plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $250 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 23 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.