The Traffic Manager should have experience in running projects and knowledge of the company process across newmedia and RiotLabs. The Traffic Manager is a key player in ensuring we have the appropriate number of resources for our current project needs, keeping the new business pipeline in mind as well. The Traffic Manager will work closely with the Directors and Recruiting department to help prioritize hiring and contractor needs based on bandwidth and forecasting.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. Denver is a quality-of-life destination: People strive to live here for the myriad ways they may pursue a healthy lifestyle, which includes abundant outdoor activities (we average 300 sunny days a year). Denver also boasts great housing options, low unemployment, and decent commute times.
newmedia is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—RiotLabs and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
Currently experiencing exponential growth, we strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services and we attract significant interest from both new clients and investors. We are a growing team of 50 fantastic people and projected to hit 100 by early 2018. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need to have the best and the smartest designers, developers, and program managers joining our team. Ping pong skills are optional but highly recommended; on-the-job training is available.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees Traffic process management from beginning to end.
- Develops best business practices, focusing on resources available and leveraging efficiencies to support continued revenue growth.
- Prioritizes projects and deliverables in partnership with project management and account management staff.
- Acting as a neutral party to help prioritize resource allocations.
- Analyzes, documents and communicates on team members bandwidth and availability and communicates with project management when members have additional availability within a given sprint.
- Knowledgeable on project status and timelines to help ensure we’re staffed appropriately to get work out on-time.
- Understands the team structure and strengths to assign proper work to Sr. and Jr. team members accordingly.
- Works with Sales/Account team to distribute new projects appropriately.
- Works closely with the Sales/Account team to understand and communicate inbound project timing and workload and reconcile against existing projects.
- Reviews timesheets and creates reports to share with the Directors on a weekly basis to understand general resource availability and productivity trends across the organization.
- Creates, understands and maintains company-wide forecasting and resourcing projections.
- Coordinates with the Directors on forecasting for contractors and timing around those needs.
- A BA degree preferred.
- 2+ years Project Management experience (ideally 1+ in an agency environment).
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven culture.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to be solutions-oriented is a must.
- Ability to work under pressure and under ambiguity.
- Ability to collaborate with all departments.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and Scrum processes preferred.
- Adept at forecasting project timelines and resources.
- Able to compile data from multiple sources to produce clear presentation of overall team and project velocity and status
- Web process knowledge, including responsive web design, wireframes and development, etc.
- Flexible vacation/time-off.
- Competitive salaries and performance-based raises.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- Open, collaborative environment in LoDo, steps away from Union Station.
- Professional development opportunities.
- On-site gym access.
- Conference and career development allowance.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Paid parking.