Test Automation Engineer II at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Position:Test Automation Engineer II
The Test Automation Engineer II works under direct supervision of the Test Automation Engineer III resources as well as QA management; individuals in this role have experience in manual QA testing practices and up to 5 years of experience in test automation. Primary responsibilities are developing scripts within established QA Automation Framework in support of functional and load/performance test efforts. Individuals in this role will also partner with QA Management to share automation tools and best practices across the company.
- Works with all QA resources to continuously grow the automation script library
- Trains QA resources on automation basics and best practices.
- Writes, maintains, and executes automated test script for all in house applications using appropriate tools.
- Assists with analyzing results of automated test script execution runs (functional and load/performance tests).
- Maintains the framework, including all tools
- Strong comprehension of QA Methodologies
- 3-5 years of experience in test automation (script development, maintenance, execution) with Java Automated Testing (Selenium Preferred)
- Experience with testing REST service(s) APIs or other related API services
- 2 years or more experience with automation for load and performance testing (preferred tool-LoadRunner)
- Previous experience testing in an Agile development environment
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Proven experience in partnering with departments to launch and promote automation efforts aimed at increasing QA team bandwidth and faster defect discovery
- Previous experience compiling and communicating metrics for leadership, promoting the value-add of QA automation
- Experience with the following tools highly preferred: TestNG, Selenium, Rest-Assured, Maven, JMeter