Staff Lab Security Engineer (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships with program, engineering, operations, and security teams to understand how to develop plans that effectively manage DISH s security risks
- Build relationships with key 5GC/ORAN and security vendors to review their security solutions and how to integrate them into DISH Lab environment
- Collaborate with cross-functional (Technology and Operations) security experts to define objectives, technical work, and timeline for developing 5G security requirements, architecture, and roadmaps for 5G Lab (should depict what is planned for production deployments)
- Develop 5G security requirement, architecture, and roadmaps
- Create appropriate documentation and lab implementation plans
- Execute lab security implementation per defined roadmaps - security firewalls, cross-domain API and protocol messaging security, Transport security, and others \\
- Define and perform 5G proof-of-concept demonstrations in 5G Lab
- Communicate progress/status, key findings, and ensure successful handoff to program and operational teams
- Build domain knowledge of DISH's environment to understand long-term risk areas that will develop as the systems evolve, and mitigate such risks by pro-actively working with the internal security organizations/SME's and external vendors
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- BS or MS in STEM field, (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of highly related experiences and education
- 6+ years of experience in the wireless industry related to computer or network security
- Familiarity with and practical experience in 5G (5GC and ORAN) and its functional components especially security-related components, IP networking, and security features and application protocols such as FTP, DNS, SIP, Radius, Diameter, GTP, SCTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of IP networking and cloud/MANO technologies (Kubernetes); Cloud Native Architecture experience including micro-services and containerization
- Familiarity and practical experience building security requirements, security architecture, and roadmaps
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring security firewalls from any one or two prominent vendors (Palo Alto Networks, Dell, Allot, Nokia, et al)
- Fast learner, who can quickly work with vendors and learn to install/configure security appliances in the 5G Lab
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple high priority projects, and to manage multiple high-visibility, complex technical projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Compensation: $100,100.00/Year - $143,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .