Staff Accountant I at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Position:Staff Accountant I
The Accountant Staff I evaluates transactions and records to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Supports internal customers, develops relationships with various client groups and maintains/updates current financial information. This position is responsible for the completion of balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis. Identifies process problems or issues and escalates appropriately.
- Month/Quarter end close: calculate, review and process journal entries and balance sheet/account reconciliation.
- Reconciliations & Analysis – complete standard reconciliations and income statement analysis.
- Evaluate transactions and record to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials are accurate and complete.
- Perform financial analysis of actual results against budget/forecast and have an understanding of the market conditions to ensure financial statements are reported in accordance to GAAP.
- Reporting - Responsible for producing, reviewing, analyzing, and issuing periodic reporting on general subject matter and or business areas.
- Special Project assignments - Support and or participate on special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 1-2 years related general accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Familiarity of accounting principles and GL systems (Oracle/Hyperion preferred).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- CPA & combination of Big 4 and industry experience.