Apply by 5/15!
An awesome Staff Accountant with 1-2 years of experience looking to become part of an established and growing firm with an awesome team in beautiful Boulder, Colorado :) You’d describe yourself as:
- Committed – you are in this for the long-haul. We’re a small team and each and every one of us is actively helping us to grow our business and as a result grow with us.
- A people lover– you’re a friendly, helpful and professional individual who is able to build personal relationships.
- An autonomist – you are comfortable making decisions and can handle change as a constant - we’re a startup so things can get pretty hectic :)
- A great communicator– striking up conversation with new people is no problem for you, and your greatest desire is to put people at ease.
- Highly focused– you are organized and have the ability to multitask effectively. You thrive under pressure and can juggle multiple tasks without breaking a sweat!
Changing the face of finance! Simple Startup helps awesome entrepreneurs simplify their finances, understand the numbers and make smart, informed business decisions. We also make finance FUN (it is possible…)!
We are committed to making your role fun, rewarding and challenging. We do team outings at least once a quarter (think escape room, hiking, volleyball…) and have an awesome office with loads of snacks, weekly happy hours, a killer view, and a limitless supply of La Croix.
Our benefits package includes:
- 20 days Paid Time Off each year plus 9 paid holidays
- CPA/CFA Paid Study Leave
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave
- An RTD Eco-pass
- Plus the occasional in-office massage or yoga sesh courtesy of our co-working space :)
Your primary role will be to help us with bookkeeping and accounting support for the kick-ass clients we serve. This includes:
- Serving as the day to day point of contact for a portfolio of the awesome companies we work with; keeping on top of email and phone communication and providing awesome service to our clients :)
- Coordinating with our rockstar team of remote bookkeepers to assist in the delivery of service
- Processing client AR/AP
- AP/AR liaison (liaising with our customers’ vendors and clients)
- Reconciling bank, cash and credit card accounts
- Sticking to client schedules like glue
- Telling awesome jokes
- Managing client expense reporting
- Payroll transactions and payroll allocation
- Helping prepare GAAP compliant financial statements
- Experience with more complex transactions/accounting processes (or a willingness and ability to learn :)
- Employee stock grants / vesting equity / option pools
- Patent purchasing and amortization
- Inventory management
- Company investment - convertible notes / equity etc.
- Company borrowing - notes payable, etc. * Reviewing and troubleshooting inventory management and COGS issues
- Drafting feedback and notable items for clients in preparation for monthly close meetings
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, helping to deliver accounting services to a portfolio of clients
- Proven experience working with clients in various accounting systems
- You must be certified in Quickbooks, QB Online, Bill.com and be Expensify approved before the employment start date. * Strong working knowledge of Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Gmail, etc.)
- Phenomenal attention to detail. You don’t guess, you know. If you don’t know, you seek greater understanding.
- Self-awareness – you know when you are making assumptions and you validate (or invalidate) these assumptions. Only then do you move on.
- An addiction to process. You love that sh*t.
- An obsession with numbers and accounting.
- Proactivity. You think like an owner.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this role! We look forward to reading your application.
Step 1: How to Apply
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “[Job Title]: [Your Name]”. In the email, please include:
- A one-page story (instead of a cover letter) that tells us why you are the perfect fit for Simple Startup.
- Your resume
Step 2: If you move on to the next round, we will have you:
- Carry out a small trial project
- Interview with Simple Startup
- Provide at least 2 references :)
Step 3: Our Goal is to Make An Offer ASAP and get you started on our awesome onboarding process!