Software Developer in Test (SDET)
- Own the quality of Sovrn's products, from upfront product design to deployment and measurement.
- Design and build automated testing frameworks and internal tooling.
- Create testing strategies that demonstrate high contextual understanding of Sovrn's products and their value to our publishers.
- Advocate for best practices in testability, code health, infrastructure, and monitoring.
- Able to design and develop a system from the ground up in an object-oriented programming language - Java preferred.
- Have experience with automation frameworks, e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Spring etc.
- Enthusiasm for developing tooling and tests that proactively address ambiguous and non-deterministic problems.
- The ability to create automation frameworks that test front end UI, API, Data streams, and database testing.
- Able to troubleshoot issues and predict challenges related to high-volume, high-velocity ecosystems, e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Aerospike, Cassandra, Redis
- Prepared to demonstrate an opinion on when to apply software quality best practices and tooling.
- Strong ability to articulate technical problems and solutions to fellow engineers and business stakeholders.
- Needs to be able to mentor other QA professionals on best qa practices and latest testing strategies.
Preferred/Nice to Have Qualifications:
- BS Computer Science or related
Position Reports to: Manager of Engineering