Services Project Manager
Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Services Project Manager
Location: Colombia (Medelin)
This position is responsible for applying CA Project Management Methodology (CA PMM) based on PMI project management methodology and CA Best Practices to project manage the implementation of both CA single Business Unit multi-product solutions and cross Business Unit multi-product integrations into client environments, achieving scheduled completion dates within budget, resulting in meeting customers requirements and exceeding their expectations.
CA Technologies is a Fortune 1000 company with a startup mentality – and we’re searching for incredible, bright talent to dominate in the marketplace. Sure, CA has been a leading software company for nearly four decades, with a global customer base that includes the majority of the Fortune 2000 - but what excites us today is the opportunity to redefine the future of our industry in the age of the cloud, mobile, social and big data. We have a daring vision and a powerful, expanding solution set that helps the world’s most successful companies realize their boldest objectives. For more information, visit www.CA.com/innovation.
- Ensure Project Plan matches with the scope and deliverables as outlined in the Statements of Work (SOW) and is created utilizing CA Services tools and Best Practices.
- Collaborate closely with assigned SMEs including Architect, Consultant, TSO, and Global Practice team to map out a project delivery approach and a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) consistent with CA's 9 stage deployment approach and meets the captured customer requirements.
- Ensure that work is not performed outside of contracted scope without appropriate change order documentation accepted by the client. Responsible for maintaining out of scope requests and working with the client and account team to develop those requests into additional CA business.
- Maintain a complete project schedule which identifies all project tasks, resources, progress against those tasks and project schedule performance against baseline.
- Provide status reports as requested to the client and CA Services management.
- Collaborate with the Resource Management team to appropriately staff each project.
- Ability to lead and manage teams of Consultants and Architects responsible for implementing products as a single Business Unit multi-product solution and/or a cross Business Unit multi-product integrated solution within the client environment thru utilizing CA Services Best Practices, CA PMM based on PMI methodology and CA's EMM (Engagement Management Model).
- Interact with staff, customer and other CA departments as necessary to communicate the project status and to escalate implementation issues, with the purpose of timely and effective resolution.
- Maintain and archive all project communications into appropriate systems. Communication must be maintained to PMP and Industry best practices. Communication must be maintained for all interested parties including but not limited to client, client management, CA Services management, CA Sales.
- Ensure that personnel assigned to the engagement account for their time in accordance with CA's Time and Expense Policy as posted on QMS.
- Manage and maintain project cost monitoring, budget and forecasting.
- Recommend improvements to project methods and processes to either Project Management Office or Global Practices as appropriate.
- Meet target Billable Utilization objective as defined for this role.
- Attend Project Reviews as requested by Project Management Office.
- Business travel of approximately 50 percent yearly is expected for this position
Skills & Competencies
- Typically 7 or more years of related professional project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in Computer Science or business related field.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to communicate both written and verbally with project team, CA Services management and customers.
- Must possess basic technical awareness of project solutions
- Active Project Management Institute PMP certification.
- Travel is expected for this position
A Great CA Employee: Skills & Competencies
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
If you want to fulfill your potential, be acknowledged for your achievements, and be given autonomy to make decisions for your business and customers; if you want to work with a company that respects you as an individual - recognizing both your needs at work and your responsibilities outside of it - then CA Technologies is where you belong. At CA Technologies your passion and expertise can directly impact the business and you’ll help offer our customers practical approaches to delivering new, innovative services and value through IT.
Learn more about CA Technologies and this opportunity now at http://ca.com/careers
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employee. We will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.