Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Analyst III works under limited QA Management supervision and is an experienced professional. Primary responsibilities are managing the work for their assigned area, writing test plans and scripts, performing testing on new software development and changes to existing software ensuring compliance to company standards and end-user requirements.
● Manages all SQA activities on a project including planning and facilitating defect review meetings with IT and creating estimates.
● Reports testing status to the SQA Manager, IT Project Managers and upper management.
● Reviews business requirements and creates detailed test plans and test scripts.
● Writes, maintains, and executes test scripts for all in house applications.
● Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
● Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
● Solves a range of straightforward problems
● Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures
● Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
Experience / Education
Typically requires a 4 year degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Lead complex test efforts that require multiple test resources and coordination with multiple development teams
- Work under minimal supervision while delivering on aggressive schedules
- Design and plan test tasks to assuring quality in all products delivered to clients
- Produce detailed metrics to track and manage testing progress
- Drive resolution of complex defects across multiple technology tiers and with geographically dispersed teams
- Participate in the execution of test cases required for each project and question the performance of the software without assistance.
- Produce reports that reflect open issues for developers and management to review
- Organize and participate in test plan reviews
- Working with developers to understand and identify edge case scenarios and provide related risks assessments.
- Coach and educate others to increase early defect detection rates and decrease defect escape rates.
- Make a difference