Senior Front-End Developer (React/Redux)
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Developer to help build out our new single page web apps (React/Redux) and refactor some of our current non (React/Redux) applications. We're looking for a dynamic individual who can build well-designed, performant and effective front-end web applications that support complex business rules/flows.
You will start by learning from the experiences of our current team and our current offerings and become intimately familiar with our ASP.NET/knockout technology stack. As you improve your understanding of our business logic, you will contribute your React/Redux experiences by architecting and leading your team to develop new web and mobile apps.
You will leverage your experience to establish best practices for web development and drive the team and the codebase to a higher level. You will also have the chance to collaborate with architects in the development and implementation of our upcoming Platform as a Service (PaaS), as well as architects from the mobile team that work with the same stack (React Native/Redux).
The ideal candidate will look not only to lead, collaborate, and develop their career, but also be hungry to assist others in the development of their own careers. You’ll have the chance to set the tone of the platform you’ll be working on.
- Within two months of your start, utilize an agreed up technology stack (React/Redux, etc.) to create well-tested, low-latency web apps
- Drive front end architectural decisions to develop a maintainable and reliable set of edge applications
- Collaborate with other teams to build microservices that can serve many applications and scale independently
- Enable our product team to tap into valuable data sources and build incredible features for our customers
- Actively participate in all PaaS projects and work together to build high-quality solutions
- Present ideas in the form of brown bags to all engineers to help shape our technical landscape
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality
We need developers who share our passion for building cutting-edge web and mobile apps. You should be active in the development community, and be passionate about all things front end. We’ve got the fast pace and agility of a startup along with the scale and security of an established company with thousands of customers. We are looking for candidates who have:
- 7+ years experience developing single page web applications
- 1+ years of experience with React.js, Angular 2 is required
- 3+ years of experience actively writing unit tests for JS
- 2+ years of experience leading web or front end application teams
- 2+ years of experience with C#
- Ability to work as a full-stack developer with a keen eye for UI
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering degree
Desired Skills & Experience
- 2+ years experience with React
- 2+ years experience with Redux
- Exposure to mobile app development
- Node.js / Express
- Leadership and ability to mentor junior developers
What We Value
- We do the right thing…for our customers, our company, and each other.
- We see around corners and into the future. We anticipate needs, thinking two steps or even twenty-two steps ahead.
- We value diversity. We are inclusive, valuing a variety of perspectives.
- We work together to get it done. We are a team - we accomplish more by working together than as individuals.
- We take our work seriously, not ourselves. We have fun, celebrate our victories, and enjoy each other's company.
EMS Software is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at EMS Software will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. EMS Software does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.