Senior Financial Compliance Analyst - SEC reporting at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Position:Senior Financial Compliance Analyst - SEC reporting
We are seeking a Senior Accounting professional to work in our Englewood, CO office of Arrow Electronics to support our SEC reporting and SOX compliance teams.
The individual must possess strong business acumen and thrive in a dynamic business environment.
This position will be responsible for financial reporting and being the liaison for and manage internal and external audit engagements or special projects.
● Reporting—Responsible for producing and issuing periodic reports regarding general subject matter and or business areas, performing basic analysis when necessary for internal and external purposes.
● Identify, document, test and remediate potential risk areas and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance.
● Research of various accounting policies and procedures, including technical accounting research to ensure the company is in compliance. (For US – GAAP).
● Assist in providing information and documentation to internal and external audit requests.
● Participate in cross-functional teams on accounting/finance special projects that will require gaining an understanding of the business, the processes that support the business and working with other Arrow personnel to discover the root cause of the issue and develop a reasonable solution.
● Maintain current awareness and documentation of SOX compliance rules and regulations.
● Filing of compliance project documentation, ensuring adherence to internal retention policies.
● Oversee work completed by Compliance Analysts.
- The successful candidate has strong accounting/finance knowledge and analytical abilities.
- The candidate should be passionate about the use of technology to solve business problems, including a very high proficiency with MS Excel and General Ledger reporting tools
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, and be able to work closely with the accounting groups, support organizations and management.
- Key personal characteristics include motivation, proactive ownership of responsibilities, attention to accuracy, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, drive to meet deadlines and ability to deliver a clear/concise message to management based on facts and data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing demands; thrives in dynamic environment and can manage quick deadlines
- Team player who excels in collaborative environment, but also able to work independently with little supervision
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience
4 year degree - Accounting
3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience in SEC reporting and/or audit.
CPA Highly preferred.
What is in it for you?
Training, Skills development, Performance coaching, the opportunity to be involved with reporting and compliance for a Fortune 113, global business.
Medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k domestic partners program and more.
Community involvement opportunities.
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package.
We offer a variety of plans and coverage including health and welfare, retirement, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family.
Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology.