Wholesale Sales Specialist at Caliper Foods
About Caliper Foods
One in seven Americans currently use CBD—and now they have an ideal way to consume it. Traditional ingestible CBD products (typically oils, tinctures and processed edibles), patent-pending Caliper CBD is the first product to provide a consistently precise dose of CBD in a flavorless powder that quickly dissolves in any food or beverage. Fast acting, well absorbed and convenient, it’s ideal for health-conscious adults looking for a daily source of wellness they can trust.
Caliper Foods (caliperfoods.life) was founded in 2015 on the belief that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, are a major new category in functional ingredients. We encompass two distinct business lines: (1) Caliper Commercial Ingredients, which provides soluble CBD ingredients at scale to food, beverage, supplement, and other CPG manufacturers; and (2) Caliper Consumer, which sells its own line of CBD-infused products nationwide.
We are a fast-growing company with a deep belief in developing talent internally. Caliper Foods pays 100% of our full-time employees’ health care premiums and we offer an extremely flexible PTO plan.
About the Job
We are looking for a Wholesale Sales Specialist to sell-in Caliper CBD to local businesses and independent retailers. There are over 30 million small businesses across the U.S. that could be interested in selling our product. As the Wholesale Sales Manager you will develop the distribution in Colorado learning the lessons of selling to local businesses in order to develop a strategy on how we can expand our footprint Nationwide utilizing marketing and a field sales team.
As our Wholesale Sales Specialist, you’ll target & secure new business prospects by building in-person relationships with decision makers and utilizing sales data to manage, develop and serve existing accounts. We expect you to be someone who gets their hands dirty, but also knows how to marshal the resources required to accomplish complex undertakings (e.g. find ways to identify and convert new account opportunities for the business).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Target & secure local business accounts & independent retailers through in-person meetings, cold calls, emails and marketing efforts.
- Manage important pathways to secure final sale & returning business
- Plan, execute, & attend wholesale/small business trade shows
- Analyze small business/independent retailer data and work towards aligned KPIs
- Quick to problem solve/creative thinking to continue to bring in new business growth
- Work with Marketing Manager on marketing material dedicated to small business channel
- Evaluate the options on how to expand Caliper CBD’s small business footprint nationwide through regional sales teams, brokers or distributors.
What we’ll love about you:
- A process-oriented problem solver who can manage complex situations without panicking
- Enjoys the challenge of initiating new sales relationships and growing revenue
- A team player with a distaste for mercenaries
- An organized, proactive nature that loves building systems and tools
- An emotionally mature adult who prefers to work with other emotionally mature adults
- An inquisitive, curious nature that views ignorance as an opportunity to learn or teach
- A willingness to admit error quickly and move immediately on to improvement
- A clear communicator in any format
- Excellent time management skills
What you’ll love about us:
- A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within
- A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings
- An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm
- Flexible PTO for all full-time employees
- Competitive salaries & commission for sales.
- For salaried employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- A 4 year degree (BS/BA) is required
- Experience with a start-up company is preferred
- 2+ years prior experience in sales
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships
- Able to work on the road and be accountable for ones time and workload
- Experience working across sales, operations, analytics and category roles and the ability to drive sales
- Ability to accurately forecast and predict business results
- A minimum of 40% travel, including overnights and possibly weekends, required
- 3 days minimum of on the road local sales calls required per week
- Job location: Colorado