VP, Solutions Consulting at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a VP, Solutions Consulting to accelerate acquisition of new employer partners by developing scalable solutions and processes that can be played out in the sales process. In this role, you’ll build out a team to drive the scaling of solutions services, market positioning and academic solutions support for prospective customers.
In particular, we’re looking for a leader who has scaled enterprise services that are highly consultative but operationalized and improve deal velocity in a complex, high-touch client environment. In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to set the direction that will allow us to multiply the impact our solutions have on our clients employees.
As the VP, Solutions Consulting you will:
- Build our Solutions function from the ground up, through the hiring and development of team members and the establishment of roles and responsibilities between functions
- Continuously refine our go-to-market positioning, developing playbooks for verticals and persona types
- Partner cross-functionally with B2B marketing, Marketplace Operations, Product and Engineering to simplify and scale our offering so that is can be easily customized
- Build out sales enablement efforts to allow us to quickly ramp and continuously educate our growing team
- Lead the execution of special projects across our go-to-market teams
In this role, you’ll work closely with Karina Salenieks, Greg Siegel, and other members of the Partnerships team. You regularly will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Dan Fineman (Sr. Director Enterprise Product), Mae Podesta (SVP Marketplace Operations). This role is not a traditional Sales Engineering/Solutions Engineering role.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of total experience in Solutions Consulting, Strategy, paid Services and/or Product Marketing roles
- Experience in Consulting, Human Capital transformation is a plus (this is not a fit for primarily Higher Ed solutions backgrounds)
- Point of view on cross-functional roles and responsibilities and interaction best practices
- Experience in team-building and team management, ensuring those around you can be successful
- Examples of go-to-market strategies you have developed and successfully rolled out
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of playbooks and processes that can be scaled
- Excellent written and oral presentation, and strong story-telling skills with the ability to synthesize and react to a complex set of client asks
- Examples of tangible improvement of your team(s) and organization(s) through the implementation of better processes and strategies
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.