VP, Sales at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The successful candidate will execute and drive team selling initiatives to develop customer relationships and drive sales for the Financial & Professional Services customers. The Sales VP is responsible for providing coaching, leadership, and development to a team of Account Executives and Sr. Account Executives, as well as providing sales leadership within Zayo. This role will drive the team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals and provide guidance and counsel throughout the sales process to drive the sales cycle to closure.
- Lead a team to generate sales revenue by actively promoting Zayo Network products and services to targeted account base.
- Provide coaching to the Account Executives in the sale of Zayo products and services.
- Through coaching and technical sales, drive sale closure to shorten sales cycle and ensure sales goals and objectives are achieved.
- Present proposals and manage customers though the sales process.
- Maintain current business relationships with customers, securing existing revenue on long-term commitments.
- Apply knowledge of customers, industry, and services to achieve revenue targets.
- Identify, initiate contact with, and qualify potential customers.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities in Zayo’s CRM tool and other reporting tools.
- Develop accurate and timely forecasts of sales opportunities.
- Develop and maintain records of customer activity for reporting of sales and forecasts.
- Provide accurate and timely information to management.
- Coordinate closely with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and revenue objectives met.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of high-level face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate the latest Zayo products and services.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how Zayo products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Keep abreast of the competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position Zayo in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year College; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience solution selling into large accounts.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated experience leading successful sales teams.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Demonstrated success and consistency in achieving targeted sales goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building and maintaining skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management and the strategic selling process.
- Effective problem solving, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce a plus.
- Complete understanding of Zayo Networks value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, OCN, IP Transport, Dark Fiber, Custom Access, and Colocation.
- Consistent focus on results and goal achievement.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and anticipate and quickly react to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 30-50% of the time.
Base salary range: $130,146-$143,486
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time