VP of Sales Development at Freshworks
Freshworks has received numerous accolades that include ranking #10 on the prestigious Forbes' Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world. Freshworks is backed by leading investors including Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management.
An opportunity exists for a proven, dynamic Business Development leader looking to further their career in a hyper-growth, fast-paced organization.
The Business Development organization is the talent and revenue engine of the sales organization. You will take overall responsibility for inspiring, mentoring and building teams within the global Business Development organization; these teams generate the sales pipeline via inbound lead management and outbound prospecting in support of our field sales organization. Taking ownership of pipeline generation and its progression through the sales cycle, your ability to partner at the executive level and the supporting functions, incl. Marketing, Sales Strategy, Enablement, and Sales Programs, will define your success. You will be a critical contributor to the corporate sales strategy, providing a healthy and reliable pipeline for Sales to achieve the worldwide objectives.
This proven sales leader will possess great energy, hustle, strong people skills, strong leadership, and initiative to drive outstanding business results and first-class employee development. This person will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Lead a talented group of 20 Managers and ~180 Sales and Business Development Representatives (SDRs and BDRs) based in India, EU and NA, with focus on scaling and evolving the organization
- Coach and develop Sales Development Managers and Business Development Managers, collaborate with the marketing and sales programs teams on demand generation plans, partner with Sales Management in region to meet targets,
- Engage with Talent Acquisition to hit hiring targets; implement strategies and tactics to minimize retention
- Align the Business Development team with the regional Sales Management Team
- Establish and drive rigorous sales development execution, ensuring target attainment, accurate forecasts and total transparency
- Inspire & motivate individuals to succeed through impassioned management, coaching, creative sales incentives, and broadcast of results
- Implement process and productivity improvements, including the sales tech stack
- Build and conduct executive presentations for internal and external customers (executive briefings to customers/prospects, internal stakeholders presentations)
- Participate in global projects to drive fast and consistent innovation and keep the organization's processes and methodologies agile and ahead of the market
- Promote the organization across the wider business
What we are looking for:
- Prior experience and successful background in Sales Management or Sales Development Management gained in 2nd line leadership roles, preferably in Technology
- Proven track record of managing teams to achieve performance goals and consistently overachieving pipeline and revenue targets
- Experience in hiring and developing teams globally, at scale, with a focus on coaching, mentoring and diversity
- Experience in global management, managing cross-functional relationships to drive business alignment and success e.g. with Marketing, Alliance & Channels, Sales Leadership, Customer Success
- Exceptional leadership capabilities
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Strong drive for results
- Outstanding communication, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- A trusted advisor to cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong business acumen and understanding of consultative selling