VP, Field Agency Sales at Vertafore
The Vice President of Agency Sales is responsible for creating and executing Vertafore strategy relative to Independent Insurance Agency Customers. This includes identifying market requirements, determining the appropriate product/solution set for the Agency Sales market, collaborating with product management on product design, overseeing marketing efforts and retention of accounts and recurring revenues. Proactively participates with the senior management team and functional department staff in developing and executing strategic plans to meet the organization's business objectives, specifically new bookings and retention.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Managing a team of 6 account executives and support staff who sell all Vertafore products and services into the agency accounts, delivering profitable growth
· Develop and execute on Vertafore sales strategy for the agency accounts with a solid understanding of the marketplace and customer's strategic initiatives
· Develop strong relationships with key senior decision makers and influencers within the industry
· Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals in the Agency Sales territory
· Manage a detailed and accurate sales process and forecast
· Coordinate sales training programs that enable your team to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
· Exceed customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
· Hire, develop and performance manage your team
· Manage multi-year sales processes
· Coordinate highly technical resources to both support retention and individual sales engagements
· Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other functional areas
· Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful programs, particularly field/event marketing
· Leadership in driving long term strategic planning for market, compensation, territory planning, account planning
· Coach/mentor team focused on top talent and removal of non-performers efficiently
· Build and lead a top-grade sales team to ensure the best possible talent at each level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong educational background in related subject matter, with MBA or other post-graduate qualification strongly preferred.
· 10+ years sales leadership experience
· Product or market management experience in the business-to-business software or services arena. Experience within a multi-dimensional operating environment is essential (i.e., not a mono-line, single market environment); experience within the financial services arena and/or within the small business arenas would also be helpful
· Prior experience in the insurance industry strongly preferred
· Ability to work independently and exercise strong professional judgment
· Ability to manage multiple projects and workflow and meet deadlines
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 50% of the time.
· Remote work.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.