About the position
As the leader of our Enterprise Account Management Teams, the VP of Enterprise Account Management is responsible for leading the teams that make every customer committed to IntelePeer for life. The VP will have the ability to marshal necessary resources to address any customer satisfaction, adoption, professional services, upsell/cross-sell, or renewal opportunities within the existing customer base, resulting in clear accountability and consistent service focused on the key goals of customer retention and growth.
- Drives the strategy and alignment of Account Management to leverage transformational impacts by adopting innovative offers combined with market-leading cloud solutions that accelerate business value for our customers.
- Be a key contributor to the product feedback loop to ensure customers’ enhancement information is delivered to internal stakeholders.
- Focus the team on customer intimacy to deliver business impact and innovation to a customer’s business by understanding our customers’ key business issues and opportunities.
- Create evangelists by listening to customers closely and delighting them with our customer experience and service.
- Build and nurture C-level relationships across top accounts to solidify our partnership and commitment to the customer while assisting with penetrating the account deeper.
- Create a consistent and valued customer experience leveraging scalable and repeatable methodologies through proven best practices.
- Implement key account planning tools and methodologies to facilitate customer intimacy objectives.
- Work closely with the Account Management Team to develop and execute growth plans and strategies to drive upsell/cross-sell.
- Establish relationships with leadership across sales, customer success, support, product, and marketing leadership to ensure cross-functional alignment at scale.
- Effectively build and establish relationships with key partner organizations to enable alignment to the broader go-to-market strategy.
- Manage and achieve key business metrics, including bookings, revenue, utilization, retention, and overall account health.
- Be an inspirational leader and create a vibrant, inclusive culture that
inspires people to do their best work.
- Operationalize key programs to ensure the team can scale to meet the needs of our customers and do more with less over time.
- Bachelor’s degree in the related field is required
- MBA is preferred
Expertise & experience
- A track record for building and growing a world-class organization through talent acquisition, onboarding, and retention, characterized by high productivity and excellent morale
- Experience with the enterprise and demonstrated leadership to make rapid
decisions and problem-solving in this environment.
- Experience with Communications software (CCaaS) and SaaS preferred
- Excels in navigating a highly collaborative and frequently changing environment
- Proven experience building and running a business with the right operational skills
- Proven track record working with Product Management to deliver customer functionality to drive adoption and attach rates of products
- Demonstrated success in building a Services, Customer Engagement, or Customer Success function
- Broad-based business and technology professional with 10+ years of experience in high-growth organization delivering software based business solutions to enterprises
- 5+ years of work experience in a sales leadership position
- 5+ years in experience in account management, customer success, or related role
- The top performer of driving growth in Sales revenue and Gross Profit through an account base.
- Strong experience in supporting and selling SaaS products
- Establishing strong relationships with customers and partners to align on the overall approach in supported regions.
- Complete understanding of IntelePeer’s product set and the competitive marketplace that exists for IntelePeer.
- An understanding of Account Management/Customer Success Management and how to adapt to daily activity.
- Demonstrated ability to interact daily with customers at all organizational levels.
- Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic; a self-motivated team player.
- Ability to build a comprehensive Account Plan to facilitate deeper/wider relationships in assigned accounts
- Proficient in Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Proficient in Cisco WebEx
- 5+ years experience in account management and customer experience
- Strong experience in the SaaS, CCaaS, or CPaaS industries with knowledge of SIP trunking, Unified Communications, cloud-based communications for the Enterprise and Contact Center market
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Can thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent leadership, management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead with positive influence.
- Ability to build an operating model with tools, processes, and people to drive a scaled Account Management model.
- Detailed understanding of best practices for Salesforce utilization as a Customer Relationship Management tool
- Ability to work independently and in a strong team environment, and to deliver on detail as well as strategy
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Strong understanding of Cloud or On-prem Contact Center solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Analytical and negotiation skills, particularly at executive levels
- Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
- Must be open to 50% travel