VP of Business Development
Job Family: Sales
Job Type: Full-time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Reports to: SVP Sales
BDS Analytics is looking for a VP of Development Manager to join the sales organization. As part of the team, you will be surrounded by empowered and driven sales leaders. You will be joining an organization that brings to market the most robust cannabinoid (cannabis) data and insights. You will be responsible for selling and supporting key partner companies in selling our suite of global cannabinoid data, technology and analytics solutions.
We are looking for a dynamic seller and relationship builder who is client focused with a strong background in team management, sales training, and independent sales performance. We are looking for a leader who can individually prospect, pitch and close sales and also train, educate, and support key BDS Analytics’ partner organizations. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of building strong relationships, training and mentoring a sales organization, creating and growing a pipeline, closing sales, advising on product opportunities to generate further revenue, and understanding and assessing client business needs.
Essentials Functions and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain solid relationship with clients and partner organizations, proactively addressing needs and opportunities
- Demonstrate a record of building a pipeline, converting leads to sales, and exceeding revenue targets
- Identify new business opportunities through your established network, analysis of the market, and existing knowledge of the landscape
- Use a consultative sales process to bring visibility to BDS Analytics’ capabilities in a relevant manner to the client or partner organization
- Understand and assess a clients’ objectives, pain points, and opportunities in order to determine the appropriate BDS Analytics’ solution
- Operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Sales, Marketing, R&D, Insights, Analytics, Finance, Corporate Strategy, M&A, Legal etc.
- Engage and build strong relationships at the C-level
- Be interested, curious, and an expert on the ever-evolving global cannabinoid market
- Partner with the BDS Analytics’ marketing team to gather, develop and polish the assets needed to build credibility, a pipeline, and convert leads
- Partner with the BDS Analytics’ and partner organization product team to advise products necessary to “win” clients
Job-Related Educations and/or Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 7+ years of successful experience in revenue-focused Business Development or Sales role within the data solutions, or marketing services industry
- Ability to interface directly with clients and partner companies and travel at least 35%
- Powerful presentation skills – in person, web demos, over the phone – with presence and purpose
ABOUT BDS ANALYTICS
BDS Analytics is the premier market research firm serving the global cannabinoid (cannabis) market. We work with brand, retailers, investors inside and outside of the cannabinoid industry to deliver insights and analytics. We provide trusted insights and trends on consumers and non-consumers, global market size and evolution, category size, brand and product market share, and more.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Boulder/Denver Candidates only
BDS Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.